Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Smith
Japan
Nishisonogigun
Nagasaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

Loving the game so far. Quick question: Do aircraft that are firing their cannon get a +2 bonus for all their rolls when adjacent to their targets? If so, Sgt. York is about to have an extremely bad day.
Thanks very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lewis
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. I've never played it as such. Fixed-wing aircraft aren't like helicopters in terms of combat and stacking, though it's not addressed explicitly in 19.11. Not an official ruling here. I'll bring it up next time I correspond with Mark. SJ Benoist may have further revelations about this, too.

-Jeff, Line of Fire Editor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Atack
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adjacent to me is aproximity thing. With men and vehicles, you are within that 50-100 meters. With a helo, you are farther, but still relatively close (if you fly your helo that close to an enemy!). With aircraft you may fly over the hex, but you'd be moving at speed and altitude that far exceeds what I'd call "proximity" to allow for the bonus.

Just my thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pete Atack wrote:
Adjacent to me is aproximity thing. With men and vehicles, you are within that 50-100 meters. With a helo, you are farther, but still relatively close (if you fly your helo that close to an enemy!). With aircraft you may fly over the hex, but you'd be moving at speed and altitude that far exceeds what I'd call "proximity" to allow for the bonus.

Just my thoughts.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a solid question, but no, you don't get the bonus. I'll put that in the FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Smith
Japan
Nishisonogigun
Nagasaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.