United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
So much GG, so little options.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Fellow BGGers,

The game I'm trying to find the name for is a solitaire game played with a standard deck of cards. You start with 4 cards in your hand facing you. Each turn consists of adding a new card to the end of your hand. All play is based around the last 4 "base" cards in your ongoing pile that is forming in your hand. If the 1st and last card (1 and 4 of the 4 base cards) match suit, you get rid of cards 2 and 3 of the base cards. If cards 1 and 4 are the same card (ie 3 and 3, jack and jack) you get rid of all 4 base cards. You run through the whole deck until you have gone through it once.

I was taught this by friends years ago and they don't even know the name. I am throwing this out to my fellow geeks to finally find the actually name of this game. Thanks everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bridgham
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always called it one-handed solitaire. When I googled that, I found a wikipedia page with the rules you describe.

Not much of a name I know!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Nichols
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
So much GG, so little options.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Google and wikipedia have the answer for everything!! It is also known as Idiot Solitaire. Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.