Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received this question, from the WIP thread of the game:

radchad wrote:
How does Gollum work. Do you put all cards played into the deck and then take them out and execute the third card pulled? Do you shuffle the deck? Do you look at the cards you just pulled and look at the third one from the last and execute that one?

And then do you choose a new direction based on that new card?

Answer:
you move back 3 cards, counting Gollum, spend 1 turn to do so, and then move by which ever direction you choose from the this destination card.
Usually cards have 3 directions, and 3 being the most common, so I wuold suggest to avoid going by the 3 direction, which would take you back to Gollum.

There is, in fact, only one little loophole, if you want to call it so: if your destination card, takes you on 2 Gollums... well, to me it is not a real loophole... you would just go back and forth, until you loose the game.
It is a slim possibility, in fact, but it is thematically correct, noneheless: Gollum, in the end, managed to deceive you and get you lost in Mordor.

I personally don't mind, as it is, like I said, a very rare situation, and, in a 5 minute game, like it is, I don't think it is that big of a deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
What does it mean "resolve card effects as normal". Is this referring to the effect of the card you get to AFTER you go back 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:
What does it mean "resolve card effects as normal". Is this referring to the effect of the card you get to AFTER you go back 3?

You go back 3 cards and resolve the third card's effects... Nothing more to add, IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.