Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberto Amestoy
Spain
Villamediana de Iregua
La Rioja
flag msg tools
mbmb

When a Frogmen is used to attack a port did he return after the attack to homeport or is he destroyed?

When two frogmen are used against the same port did they combine his power and is this one naval movement ?

Thanks in advance for your reply
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
This section, from 22.4.3, answers both questions!

Quote:
Frogmen’s special ability is to attack enemy naval units in the port they enter. Only one frogman may attack the same port in one impulse. After the attack, the frogmen are destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
usrlocal wrote:
A srategic game like WiF has frogmen?? Colour me intrigued.

Ok, now I really gotta get this!

Sounds like TOO much chrome.arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hammurabi70 wrote:
usrlocal wrote:

Sounds like TOO much chrome.

Arguably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Harry's argument for inclusion of the frogmen is strong; he points out that in attacks on British ships in port they accomplished more damage to the British navy than the rest of the Italian navy combined. So they should be included because they had a substantial impact on the naval war in the Med. I tend to agree, and think that they are rather historical; a surprise attack can inflict some damage. Beyond that, they tend to be rather useless except as an annoyance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
hammurabi70 wrote:
usrlocal wrote:

Sounds like TOO much chrome.

Arguably.

CHROME! CHROME! CHROME! CHROME! CHROME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacio Marin
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Well, I am a new forum member, this is my first reply. My English is quite forgotten, but trying to improve it.

I play WiF in since 2005. From 2009 onwards we play 3-4 sessions a month, 7 maps campaigns with the lot ( CoiF, CLiF, FiF, etc ).

As said before, in my opinion Frogmen are an important asset in both the UK and Italian arsenal. They were employed, caused substantial damage and won their place in their respective Force Pools. In the Wif world there is a place for Kamikaze, Long Range Desert Group ( as a Division ) or Amphibious Tanks, so I Think the Frogmen are not Chrome. Just a little part of a varied ( and sometimes quite exotic ) bunch of Special Units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hexdot wrote:
Well, I am a new forum member, this is my first reply. My English is quite forgotten, but trying to improve it.

I play WiF in since 2005. From 2009 onwards we play 3-4 sessions a month, 7 maps campaigns with the lot ( CoiF, CLiF, FiF, etc ).

As said before, in my opinion Frogmen are an important asset in both the UK and Italian arsenal. They were employed, caused substantial damage and won their place in their respective Force Pools. In the Wif world there is a place for Kamikaze, Long Range Desert Group ( as a Division ) or Amphibious Tanks, so I Think the Frogmen are not Chrome. Just a little part of a varied ( and sometimes quite exotic ) bunch of Special Units.

The Japanese used frogmen too, at Pearl Harbor and at Sydney.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacio Marin
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Of course they did. They rolled bad Search Rolls, but they did...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Morrell
Australia
flag msg tools
wifwendell wrote:

Not frogmen, midget subs - the remains of 2 that attacked Sydney are at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra, the 3rd was located within the last few years off Broken Bay, about 40km north of Sydney Harbour; it is now a designated war grave. The sub that successfully attacked just missed the USS Chicago and sank the HMAS Kuttabul a training vessel, and now the name of Fleet Base East.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dazmorrell wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

Not frogmen, midget subs - the remains of 2 that attacked Sydney are at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra, the 3rd was located within the last few years off Broken Bay, about 40km north of Sydney Harbour; it is now a designated war grave. The sub that successfully attacked just missed the USS Chicago and sank the HMAS Kuttabul a training vessel, and now the name of Fleet Base East.

Yes I know, see this geeklist item about Japanese attacks on the east coast of Australia during WW2, including the minisub.

But WIF puts minisubs and frogmen under the same rule section so I used 'frogmen' as shorthand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Moore
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Notwithstanding the impact on WW II of Australian training vessels, somewhat more significantly, Italian frogmen damaged 2 British battleships at a critical time in the Mediterranean. and Royal Navy midget submarines damaged the Tirpitz.

So IMHO the inclusion of "frogmen" is as valid as are the distinctions between the various models of aircraft in PiF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.