Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Dickie
United Kingdom
South Leverton
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because this is shown as "Language Dependence: No necessary in-game text" I bought this game in Germany. It came with German rules but that is no problem because I was able to download the English rules.

However, the cards have text on them that is in German. Whilst not absolutley necessary for play, it would be helpful to know what "Holzplatz" or "Webstuhl" actually mean. Has anyone created a "cheatsheet" for the text on the cards?

Thanks in anticipation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm not perfect ... Just AWESOME !
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

Holzplatz is Lumber Yard
and Webstuhl is Loom

You can compare http://www.rprod.com/files/7W_RULES_DE_COLOR_LIGHT.pdf
and http://www.rprod.com/files/7W_RULES_EN_COLOR_LIGHT.pdf, page 10-11 for the card names.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Has anyone created a "cheatsheet" for the text on the cards?

Sort of. You can compare the tech trees on pages 10 and 11 of the rules, in the two languages here.

Too late soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I primarily learned the game on JSP, in French. The only thing I needed to do was match names as if they were symbols...I think it would actually be unhelpful to know the real names:

Tonight, we had a semi-new player ask WHAT all the resources were. We started explaining them like this:

Person 1: "Well, this is wood, this is stone, lumber..."
Person 2: "This is the green one, this is the red one..."
Me: "That one is that, this one is this..."

Antoine and Repos made it very symbol simple for everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dickie
United Kingdom
South Leverton
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
metzgerism wrote:
I primarily learned the game on JSP, in French. The only thing I needed to do was match names as if they were symbols...I think it would actually be unhelpful to know the real names:

Tonight, we had a semi-new player ask WHAT all the resources were. We started explaining them like this:

Person 1: "Well, this is wood, this is stone, lumber..."
Person 2: "This is the green one, this is the red one..."
Me: "That one is that, this one is this..."

Antoine and Repos made it very symbol simple for everyone.

I quite understand your point and it does not affect gameplay at all. I'm simply curious. Anyhow thanks all for comments, I made myself up a sheet from from the German and English rules as suggested by two earlier posters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.