Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

There will be a meeting of the Kanata Board Gamers this Thursday, the 1st of September 2011. The start time for the session is 6 PM till 10pm.

The place is: Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church

Detailed directions follow, but it is quite close to the Wizard’s Tower and the Hazeldean Public Library.

Also, send me a geekmail if you want to let me know about anything - from suggestions for raising club attendance, club purchase suggestions, or just telling me whether you can make the meeting.

Feel free to use this forum thread to discuss what to play!

You may bring food & drink (be neat!). We can rearrange the tables & chairs provided we return everything an keep things tidy.

Our meetings are posted on meetup; check out http://meetup.gamesforall.ca/

Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (KCCRC) is 46 Castlefrank Rd (directions follow). There is parking outside. Follow the signs to the church basement.

I will be collecting a tooney from each person. For the time being, this will go into a boardgame library fund. The war chest stands at $198 and the library stands at 1 game (Automobile). Members can borrow from the library any time.

Visitors are always welcome. Come on in and check us out! There is no obligation, but if you decide to become a member it only costs $5 and entitles you to 10% discount cards at select local games stores.

Note if you want the discount cards (for Fandom II, Toys on Fire, and Comic Book Shoppe), let me know & I'll have them made up. 100% of the $5 fee goes to Can Games to support kids games and the cards are good for 1 calendar year from the month you get them.

Please add to this thread with your suggestions of what to play.

Hope to see you then!

Directions to the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (from the East):

1. Take Queensway/417 to MARCH/MARCH RD. exit, EXIT 138, toward CH. EAGLESON/EAGLESON RD./KANATA. 600m
2. Take the EAGLESON RD SOUTH ramp. 0.09 km
3. Turn LEFT onto EAGLESON RD/CHEMIN EAGLESON/RR-49 S. 2.1 km
4. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto HAZELDEAN RD/CHEMIN HAZELDEAN/RR-36 1.3 km
5. Turn LEFT onto CASTLEFRANK RD/CHEMIN CASTLEFRANK. 0.3 km
6. 46 CASTLEFRANK ROAD is on your left at the stop sign.
7. Go up the hill to the church and park at the top. There will be a sign on the church doors near the parking lot directing you the rest of the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Would you like steak with that?
badge
Have another Keith's
mbmbmbmbmb
I will have to miss out this week.
Have fun everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valenta
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there but no kids this week since they have to get back on a reasonable schedule for school next week. I'll bring Alien Frontiers and probably Age of Empires III among other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't be there this week. Back to some kind of schedule is a good plan. Have to work out if I can shuffle things so I can make it regularly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvalenta wrote:
I'll be there but no kids this week since they have to get back on a reasonable schedule for school next week. I'll bring Alien Frontiers and probably Age of Empires III among other games.

I'll play either of those! If they fill up though, I will have World of Warcraft: The Adventure Game and A Few Acres of Snow with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Chalupka
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be there tonight. I'm bringing Railways of the World.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valenta
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had another good turnout this week with 13 attendees and 3 tables of games going on. We started off with a quick game of No Thanks! well we waited for everyone else to arrive. Then we split into three tables for games of Railways of the World, Olympos and Small World. At other points in the evening, I also saw that A Few Acres of Snow, Three-Dragon Ante and 7 Wonders made it to the table.

As for the games I played, I really enjoyed playing Railways of the World with Andrew, Bob and Vito. Andrew illustrated to us the various ways to score victory points in the game by using them to good advantage to get off to an early start and keep ahead of the pack. Bob really came on strong by the end of the game and probably would have won if the game had lasted one more turn but, as it was, Andrew held on for the win. I also had a fun game of 7 Wonders with Steve, Bob, Mark and Lachlan. I cam close to pulling out a science victory but Lachlan had a great combo of yellow point cards and his 4 stage point wonder that was just too much to catch. Thanks to everyone for the games. Looking forward to next time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.