Cliff Fuller
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the reviews posted here (thanks everyone!) I ordered my copy of this game.

I'd like to use dice instead of counters/trackers to keep track of damage. While the publisher's website has a free download of gorgeous HP trackers with the same style of artwork as seen in the game, I have more dice than glass beads/counters.

With three separate decks (hero, villain, environment) and what sounds like specific cards in each deck that have a unique HP totals attached, during a multiplayer game dice seems like the most efficient way to play.

For those of you who have already played a few times, what's a good dice kit for this game? I want this game to have its own dedicated supply so I don't have to keep looting my other games.

Some clues: the 10-sided die seems especially friendly - at least according to Tom Vasel, who showed two Villain cards that started with 10 HP on his Dice Tower review. And the website's HP trackers have one that goes up to 100HP and the rest going to 36HP.

I guess two 10-sided dice for levels of 1-100, and singles for anything else will be easiest. How many d10 should I have on standby?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to suggest at least 15 10-siders:

4 heroes=8
1 villain=2
Minions=2-4 average
Environment=2 average

You might get by with 6-siders for some minions, but you might as well just use 10-siders for everything. You won't always have minions and environments out at the same time, so those may be interchangeable. But there would be times you might need even more than 15, especially with the Atlantis environment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using poker chips. Less fiddly and I don't have to worry about one clumsy player knocking over someone's HP. Plus, it's more easily visible around the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Fuller
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimstax wrote:
I'm going to suggest at least 15 10-siders:

4 heroes=8
1 villain=2
Minions=2-4 average
Environment=2 average

You might get by with 6-siders for some minions, but you might as well just use 10-siders for everything. You won't always have minions and environments out at the same time, so those may be interchangeable. But there would be times you might need even more than 15, especially with the Atlantis environment.

Thanks. The breakdown helps so I can do color sorting. Turns out I have most of this on hand already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Fuller
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
I'm using poker chips. Less fiddly and I don't have to worry about one clumsy player knocking over someone's HP. Plus, it's more easily visible around the table.

I didn't think of this solution. Avoiding a Godzilla-type table event during gameplay by avoiding dice is a great idea. I don't have poker chips, though, and I am just elitist enough that if I did use them, I would want them to be higher quality/professional than standard plastic ones. Personal preferences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hackryder wrote:
Trump wrote:

I didn't think of this solution. Avoiding a Godzilla-type table event during gameplay by avoiding dice is a great idea. I don't have poker chips, though, and I am just elitist enough that if I did use them, I would want them to be higher quality/professional than standard plastic ones. Personal preferences.

I've got a bunch of cheapo poker chips from the dollar store and they work like a charm.

If anyone's interested, I've just uploaded HP Tracker cards to the Files section here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Fuller
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ramping up to play this, I am going with dice in the short-term. But have ordered a set of poker chips for $40.00 via Amazon (with an assist from a stray gift card!) = http://www.amazon.com/500pc-Executive-11-5g-Style-Poker/dp/B...

They are clay composite with a metal core for weight at 11.5 grams. I'd seen these sets in the past go for triple this price, so I'm excited to finally augment my collection and move away from beads and dice and various inferior scoring tracks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl White
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Knitting row counters get my vote!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KNITTING-ROW-COUNTER-REGISTER-5-5-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.