Hide
9 Posts

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Crisis card question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Pullen
msg tools
Just a quick clarification. If a crisis card has the jump icon on it, do you advance the jump token regardless of if you pass or fail the event?

My friends and I are playing our first game tonight, and I thought it seemed like the humans could win pretty quickly since most crisis cards have the jump icon on them, so I though I would check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you move the jump tracker by 1 each icon you find, regardless of the fact that skill check is passed or not or the decision made.

You'll notice, it is not THAT easy to win, for the humans, even like this.

cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tovarish22 wrote:
Just a quick clarification. If a crisis card has the jump icon on it, do you advance the jump token regardless of if you pass or fail the event?

Yes, you do.

In my games, the Cylons win something like 70% of the time. Good hunting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PenumbraPenguin
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you advance the track regardless. Note that you need to get to distance 8 and then jump again, so you need to make 4 or 5 jumps total to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pullen
msg tools
Thanks for the quick replies! I guess I'm overestimating the ease of a jump, haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
PenumbraPenguin wrote:
Yes, you advance the track regardless. Note that you need to get to distance 8 and then jump again, so you need to make 4 or 5 jumps total to win.

Or hypothetically up to 9 jumps. Of course, if the humans are doing that badly, they will have lost long before that point.

Tovarish, make sure you come back and let us know how it went. I think you are definitely overestimating how quickly the humans can make progress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Cox
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Nuts wrote:
In my games, the Cylons win something like 70% of the time. Good hunting!

I had found similar numbers when we started playing. I also found that the more you play (and figure out some solid strategy), the better the human's win percentage gets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
Take care that:

(1) No crisis is played at the end of the turn of someone who is in the Brig.
(2) No crisis is played at the end of the turn of a revealed Cylon.
(3) If this is the base game, and a Cylon plays a crisis through the Caprica location, neither the activation icon nor the jump icon are processed.

You will find that you will need 10-12 turns to hit the sleeper-agent phase, but after that things slow down considerably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the base game, 4 out of every 7 crises have FTL... given that you need 5 to auto-jump, even if you're jumping at blue-1 and reaching sleeper in 2 jumps (which is average), that's 10 FTL icons, which is 17-18 CRISES, so 10-12 turns is wildly optimistic unless you have a well-oiled grouping spamming XO/Scout and/or XO/Press Room every turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.