B. Perry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I REVEAL a card (e.g., by paying the village thief) do I get to see what the new location is before I choose where to place it? I've cited the rules below, but I don't think they explicitly answer my question.

Rules wrote:
REVEAL 1 Location Card means to draw 1 Location Card from the Location Deck and put it face up on any unrevealed and legal (not diagonal) space near an already revealed Location Card. You may not REVEAL any Location card if the Location Deck is empty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you REVEAL 1 Location Card, you draw, see the card and place it in a legal place of your choice.

But it is different when you MOVE: you choose your direction first, then draw 1 Location card and place it face up in your chosen direction.
Quote:
5.3. Gameplay : MOVE
2. Choose which direction you want to move (no diagonal moves). If your chosen direction has no Location Card (called an unrevealed Location), draw 1 Location Card from the Location Deck, and put that card face up, so you can read the text for that direction.

Enjoy!

JackD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.