Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb

You have to retreat or withdraw in an adjacent ACTIVATED system? How often does it happens... I mean if you had alreay activated an adjacent system why not move there before the combat so you dont lose any ships.

I have very few plays under my belt so I'm propably wrong but never saw a situations where it was possible to withdraw/retreat?

do you actually activate systems just for the sake of being able to withdraw in a battle? or retreat?

Does it happens a LOT or mostly by chance if someone has somehow activated and adjacent system for another reason?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Most often, the attacker isn't going to withdraw; if he thinks things might get ugly and wants a way out, he has the opportunity to activate another system first that he can withdraw to.

The defender, on the other hand, often doesn't have that option. That is why in the Shattered Empire expansion, the "Tactical Retreat" rule was added, so that the defender can retreat by activating a system as part of declaring the retreat.

The reason for moving to an activated system in the first place is so that your ships that move are "locked down" and not able to move again (most of the time).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.