Popular Tags: [View All]
David Sharrock
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm looking for games that have groups of units moving around together, but with the make-up of that unit hidden from the other players. Something like how Titan treats it's unit stacks or if you did Stratego with groups of pieces..

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean like block wargames such as Hammer of the Scots?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sharrock
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:

Sort of, yes, as that allows multiple units per "section" of board... I just have a fondness for the stack mechanic in Titan, where you knew vaguely what strength of force you had to face, but not what "quality"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Earl_G wrote:
whac3 wrote:

Sort of, yes, as that allows multiple units per "section" of board... I just have a fondness for the stack mechanic in Titan, where you knew vaguely what strength of force you had to face, but not what "quality"...

A number of games with chits or counters forbid players to examine an opponent's stacks, although the top counter is visible. A House Divided can be played that way for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sharrock
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Moshe,

Thanks, these do look like the kind of things that I'd enjoy! Do you, or anyone else have any more examples?

As someone from the North of England, Hammer of the Scots looks like a must buy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Earl_G wrote:
Hi Moshe,

Thanks, these do look like the kind of things that I'd enjoy! Do you, or anyone else have any more examples?

As someone from the North of England, Hammer of the Scots looks like a must buy

Any wargame with stackable counters will have this mode of play and any block wargame with as well. You ought be able to do a search for each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.