Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
SkoT StarK
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As stated in the thread title, I have the Rio Grande edition Taj Mahal in the new packaging. Simply because I am anal and want my copy to be consistent with the rest of my Alea big box games, I am looking to trade it for the bookcase box edition, not necessarily sealed but new and complete. My copy will remain sealed and will be traded unopened and mint.

I'd be content to just trade boxes except that the Rio Grande version is a slightly bigger box and I am not sure that the contents (tray, etc) would fit the smaller bookcase box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Ummm...one of these games is more valuable than the other...

*You* care enough that you want the old version, but don't think that anyone else is going to think it's worth any premium over the current edition? Really?

At a minimum, you should be covering shipping both ways. And even with that, you're relatively unlikely to find anyone who thinks that's a fair trade.

(And no, just trading boxes won't work, but you could trade the boxes and inserts.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with Chris. The more time that goes by it seems like it's getting much harder to acquire the older Alea games, in the bookshelf boxes. I paid a premium for my German copy of Taj Mahal, and that was before the re-release of the game.

Good luck! But, I do believe you will have to sweeten the deal a fair amount if you want to be successful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SkoT StarK
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:
Ummm...one of these games is more valuable than the other...

*You* care enough that you want the old version, but don't think that anyone else is going to think it's worth any premium over the current edition? Really?

This is an unfair assessment. Sounds to me like you think I am trying to rip someone off. I don't know what these are necessarily worth to somebody... I was not looking for the old version, I am looking for the different version than the one I received.

Try not to assume that everyone here is a game historian. I am a game participant and fledgeling collector. I just wanted them to look consistent on my shelf, that's all. Sorry to have offended you, I should maybe take my 'ruse' elsewhere, where the fairness police are more polite to those who may not have known that they made such a grossly unbalanced suggestion. I'm looking for a box, when you boil it down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe
Admin Strategicon
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
is looking to make that trade with you if you offer some trade fodder for their library (euros from the past twenty years).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SkoT StarK
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
I believe
Admin Strategicon
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
is looking to make that trade with you if you offer some trade fodder for their library (euros from the past twenty years).

I don't have a lot he doesn't already have, my collection can be viewed in my profile. I did geekmail him, however. Thanks for the lead!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.