Subject: Everything you know is WRONG! - Now we're getting started. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything you know is wrong!

In Millionland, the exalted religious opinion of the inhabitants is that no death is greater than that death at the hands of werewolves. Thus, once per year, two of their number are selected to be transformed into these beasts, intended to hunt and kill the others. Unfortunately, the two victims will join the ranks of the damned, unless they can gain redemption in their own death. So begins one more the annual battle between right and wrong, good and evil, life and death...

This game is a relatively normal 11 player game, with a twist.

Roles:

2 Wolves (evil): Wolves know each other, have a chat, and kill 1 player each night. They may not kill themselves or choose no kill.

1 Witch (evil): The Witch may choose 1 player per night to make them into a tinker for the rest of the game. Any non-evil target of the Witch's power will be viewed as evil by the seer for that night and the remainder of the game. The Witch's power has no effect on players who were already evil or the tinker. Twice per game, the witch may submit a secret vote that will only be noted if it affects the final vote tally. This order is due 1 hour before lynch. The Witch knows the identity of the tinker.

1 Seer (good): Views for good/evil each night; random "good" N0 view.

1 Hunter (good): If the hunter and a wolf are the last two players alive, evil wins. If the hunter is lynched (but not if he is killed), the wolves will learn the identity of the Witch. If the Witch is dead, they will learn the identity of all the Witch's targets. They learn nothing if the hunter is nightkilled, or killed by a brutal.

1 Priest (good): The priest may view the exact role of a dead player each night.

1 Martyr (good): The martyr may protect 1 player each night and will die in their place if they are killed.

4 Villagers (good): No known special powers. One is a medium; once per game, if a majority of living players including the medium secretly vote for it, a dead player will be returned to life to post and chat for 1 day. One is a tinker and is viewed by the seer as "evil".

2 random good players will have mandatory sticky brutal orders, usable on death.

LHLV for tiebreaker.
Voting no lynch is not allowed.
Self-voting is not allowed.
All pairs of players have a chat room.
Roles not revealed on death.

Lynch is 5pm BGG. Night orders due by 7pm.

The Twist:

Good wins if the wolves achieve parity, except for hunter parity.
Evil wins if both wolves die, or hunter parity occurs.

Starts when full.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Everything you know is WRONG! - Experimental 11p varient. SWF.
Player List According to Cassandra:
Avin
Belash
dcorrin
Dekal
gdapkus
Iidhaegn
Kaldar
RighteousFist
SaiSaysPlayGo
Snaak
Vovix

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/6936...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
mbmbmbmbmb
What the...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Vallejos
United States
Corona
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is going to be one strange game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F5
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mostly came to confirm that there was a link to the Weird Al song here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's a wolf and a hunter left, evil wins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:
If there's a wolf and a hunter left, evil wins?

If good wins, evil wins. If evil wins, good wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Medium-revived player count for parity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:

This game is a relatively normal 11 player game, with a twist.

It is not normal, even without the twist. Everyone has a chat with everyone? Truthsayer? Bringing dead players back to life?! Doesn't sound like a normal 11 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vovix wrote:
Does the Medium-revived player count for parity?

Nope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I changed the truthsayer to a normal seer and made the witch invert views instead of blocking them. I realized that if the seer finds a wolf it becomes a lot harder for good to avoid lynching the wolves, so that bit of uncertainty is a plus, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
Knowing where the trap is - that's the first step in evading it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can wolves kill other wolves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
Knowing where the trap is - that's the first step in evading it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to vote no lynch?

nvm that's in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
jamgar wrote:
Can wolves kill other wolves?

(This is also in the rules... no)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Righteous Fist
United States
Kailua
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
I changed the truthsayer to a normal seer and made the witch invert views instead of blocking them. I realized that if the seer finds a wolf it becomes a lot harder for good to avoid lynching the wolves, so that bit of uncertainty is a plus, I think.
Harder? Surely as soon as the seer has a positive hit on a wolf (modulo witch influence) it becomes trivial for good to avoid lynching a wolf and thus avoid losing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
mbmbmbmbmb
The wolves can still lynch themselves. Especially if the hunter is alive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I will probably be absolutely horrible at this game.

I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Javal wrote:
twomillionbucks wrote:
Harder? Surely as soon as the seer has a positive hit on a wolf (modulo witch influence) it becomes trivial for good to avoid lynching a wolf and thus avoid losing?

I've considered changing the seer to some role that spits out random negatives every night, but I really don't know how all of this is going to work in game terms. Hopefully the witch plus clever wolf play could overcome a view.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
mbmbmbmbmb
It's tricky. I mean, what if the seer posts his negatives? Those would be the primary lynch targets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Brea
CA
flag msg tools
This space intentionally left green.
badge
GRRREEEEEEEEENNNN!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
here's my rolesswt for a 11-player game with the same twist.

Re: WW Game Development Queue

No role reveal definitely gives evil room to fud the village into mistakes, but I worry that seer is just plain too powerful for the village one wolf hit and unless the witch got lucky to hit the same target the same night, the game is in bad shape for evil.

Oh, and CURSE you for stealing my idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cepeda
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If Cassie doesn't post it later, I signed up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Righteous Fist
United States
Kailua
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought this would be too confusing for me to follow. But I've changed my mind. Let's go for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F5
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What if the seer were Evil/Not-Evil, and you made one of the villagers an unaware Tinker? Then there are four people that the seer would get hits on and not want to lynch, but that's really too many to realistically avoid, so they'll have to make some sort of decision.

Or heck, even skipping the Tinker, they might run afoul of the Witch ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nykkel wrote:
What if the seer were Evil/Not-Evil, and you made one of the villagers an unaware Tinker? Then there are four people that the seer would get hits on and not want to lynch, but that's really too many to realistically avoid, so they'll have to make some sort of decision.

Or heck, even skipping the Tinker, they might run afoul of the Witch ability.

I think I'll use this idea and also steal a role that dbmurph used recently. This way, the seer can clear people (no false negatives), but there should be enough people who are all viewed as evil (thanks to false positives due to the witch) that good will have to make a decision sooner or later. Thanks, nykkel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.