Popular Tags: [View All]
Dick Butler
United States
Paynesville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 If a player plays a dive card on his turn, does he get to move the allowed two-space movement first, or does the dive replace the forward movement?

2 Is it accurate to say that the only time you can use the trip card is on a player whose runner is adjacent to yours, but BEHIND you in the turn order?

3 If a player wants to trade in a beer card for an available special card, does he draw from a face-down deck of the available cards or can he look through what's available, then select?

4 The directions state that at the beginning of the game, and before each section of the run, all the Special Cards are to be shuffled before players draw their Special Card for the current section of the run. Because the cards are to be shuffled each time, I assume that the players draw their special card from the face-down deck, not look through the choices first and pick one they like. Am I right or not? This question was asked in the FAQ, but not really answered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tartan Grizzly Productions
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
Sorry for the late response on your post here. We've been working on a clarified version of the rules to address the questions we've received, and we've missed some of the forum activity as a result.

1. The Dive card is used instead of moving a Runner, so it replaces his normal forward movement on the turn it is played.

2. On re-reading the rules, I would say that you're right -- you could only use the Trip card when your Runner's turn in a round comes before the target of the trip. This would mean that the Runner being tripped would have to be in the square to your Runner's left (because the right-most Runner in a row goes first). I'll contact the game designer and see if this interpretation is correct and post back when I know more.

3. When a player trades a Beer card for an available Special card, the player may look at the cards and choose, just as when choosing a Special card normally.

4. Although the rules do state that the Special cards should be shuffled, this isn't necessary because the players are allowed to choose by looking at the available cards. (We've clarified this in our update to the rules, which will be released very soon.)

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.