United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be at a convention during this weekend. My thumbs will follow once I return. Off we go...

Please list any recent wargames (stand-alone games or scenarios) you have COMPLETED since your post in the previous thread. And please continue to add more wargames as you complete them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Cameron
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished a campaign game of Baltic Gap.

Lost as the Red Army by auto victory on the 8 August turn.

My first completed campaign in the Operational Combat Series. Can't wait to try a campaign game of another OCS title - to see if I in fact learned as much as I think I did ...

It looks like Korea: The Forgotten War might be next up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Earlier this week finished (as in all the way to 1919) the campaign game of The Great War in Europe: Deluxe Edition. Also polished off a couple of solitaire games of Space Empires: 4X.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Spencer
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I like Space Empires: 4X more than my group. But also No Retreat! The Russian Front. I've been playing just about every week since January.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Hornet Leader: Carrier Air Operations. Again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another Blue Max fight in ongoing campaign -- my Fokker Dr.Is just fell apart and a recently qualified veteran was killed in another bad day for the German airmen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
Wings of War
Civil War Express (1 regular, 2 solo)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Earlier this week finished (as in all the way to 1919) the campaign game of The Great War in Europe: Deluxe Edition. Also polished off a couple of solitaire games of Space Empires: 4X.

Wendell what are your thoughts on the game? I traded my copy after reading that that it was not possible for the Germans to win with reasonable play by the Allies, or something to that effect.

Scratch that, you are the guy whose review I read and convinced me to trade the game for... an unpunched copy of Civilization!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something else I haven't played for years -- Flight Leader (basic rules). I had a couple of Mig 17Cs against two F105Ds; one of mine was shot down and the other did a runner after that (my position not helped by my opponent's using the wrong tables for most of the game before I noticed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Korchnoi
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
My Little Man's first real wargame play: Barbarossa Solitaire
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished my 2nd play of Field Commander: Napoleon. Did the 1796 Campaign and now am going to attempt the Waterloo Campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a short FtF ASL game tonight - J40 - Might Makes Right. I won this one as the Norwegians, mostly on the strength of a 9-2 leader with an elite squad and a medium machine gun who were killing everyone in their sight, including a few snaky shots between obstacles. It was a closer game than it looked - the Norwegian line was very brittle other than that one good location, and I was down half my force when my oppo lost his nerve and conceded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
The Battle for Hill 218
Civil War Express (solo)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
World at War: Blood and Bridges got on the table today with my new bud William.
Bill and i played 3 sessions. 4 if you count the "oops I set up poorly and you win turn one". But we just ignored that one. "I'm too nice I tell ya fellas"
Great games, nice tight play.
photo AARs at The Big Board on facebook later tonight.

AARs on www.meshtime.com in a week or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
World at War: The Untold Stories played scenario 6 (aar posted). Did well with not missing any rules (took about 5 plays to commit everything) strategy....not so much. I played both sides poorly. The Russians slightly less poorly - so they won.

Next up is space empires and then more WaW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Sweet. You enjoying WaW?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Koziorowski
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Last Saturday finished two games of Prussia's Glory 2, Prague scenario, one victory for Frederick II and one for Browne. Also one game of World at War: Untold Stories

On Friday finished solo scenario, battle of Halmstad in Nothing Gained but Glory. My first solo scenario in a long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Six plays of Smokejumpers, which I will defend as a "wargame" since the mechanics are wargame-like in every respect. Really good solo game.

Just finished a VASSAL game of Bastogne: Screaming Eagles under Siege which ended by concession after turn 6 as the Germans were firmly ensconced in the western half of Bastogne for several turns. The road-march rules take a bit of getting used to. The rematch (switching sides) is coming up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Miles
United States
Austin
Texas (TX)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Storm Over Stalingrad, first ftf stab at the area impulse type of game. Spent the game sadly watching a growing pile of russian counters in the eliminated counter box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb

Still going up the experience curve on EastFront II. I've been playing 'Mundungus', and it's been nice to go up the curve together. Last Thursday we played beyond Barbarossa (the first 6 month scenario) for the first time.

Pretty interesting. As the Russians, I was definitely feeling on the ropes at the end of the first 6 months, but the tide swings quite a bit in the Winter. At the end of Winter I had managed to push the Germans away from Moscow, built up my strength, and had successfully completed a major encirclement of extended German forces. We ended with a major Russian victory 12 months into the campaign game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just completed my ninth mission of my second tour of B-17: Queen of the Skies. Had a 40% success rate bombing the rail yard of Rouen with some relatively "minor" damage to my bomber "Jack of all Trades".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dawn: When did you get your copy? I still have not received mine in the Calgary area...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
dawn_cherri wrote:

It was one of the popular games to be played at the L.A. Gateway convention this past weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hendrix
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
Join us for gaming on Friday Nights in Burbank, CA www.FridayNightDice.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I Got in - Command Combat Stalingrad, Battle Cry, C&C Napoleonic, Space Empires, World Conquers, and Tigris and Euphrates,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hendrix
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
Join us for gaming on Friday Nights in Burbank, CA www.FridayNightDice.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh and Twilight Struggle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
I have good intentions, but real life keeps getting in the way. Just getting to play some games of the solitaire Hornet Leader: Carrier Air Operations. Finished a long 2015 Egyptian Defense campaign with the Navy aircraft, and started the campaign again using the Marine Corps planes and rules. (This extra campaign and another are free downloads for Hornet Leader: Carrier Air Operations at DVG.com)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.