Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kasper L.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
How long does it take on average to play a 2p game? I'm trying to see if I can find a medium weight game that can play in an hour or less.

If not, any recommendations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Conradie
Canada
Rossland
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played about 8 2p games with the same person, and including setup we can finish a game in < 1.5 hours now. I dare say if it was not for the odd agonizing decision now and then we could cut another 15 minutes off it.

By the way, this game really does play terrifically well with 2 players - highly recommended!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[maˈtiːas]
Germany
Elzach
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Experienced players will likely need about 45 minutes (including setup). Fast ones even less. My 3 plays with 2 were 90, 60+ and 50+ mins (with an AP-prone opponent).

in terms of other recommendations: the-optimum-game-selection-tool-v2-0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have over 30 plays in, and they take about 45 minutes each. The first 2 or 3 games were slightly longer, as we were learning, but it goes fast once you know it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zubbus O'Really
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played 2 player once. The other player has played once before and yes it took slightly over an hour. Doesn't look like it will go in less than an hour until both players are more experienced (and like to play fast).

Glen More is a decent game that will play in under an hour for 2 players.
It's *not* my favorite for 2 players although your preference may differ. The thing with Glen More is it's for 2 to 5 players but for 2 or 3 there will be a "die player" so there's a die on the turn track and you just roll it and "he" takes a turn. But what tile "he" takes is random regardless of whether he'd normally be able to pay for the tile or any strategical coherence. i.e. I feel it's rather random after 2 plays of 3-player game but it is manageable maybe my experience with it will improvement with more plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this game is 45 mins with 2 experienced players who don't get easily locked up. An hour at most. Average playtime on Board Game Arena is about 35 mins and I'm always up for a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper L.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've played my first game of Troyes as a 2p, and it was great. I don't remember how long it took though, but I enjoyed it. There are a ton of decisions to make in the 2p game. 4p is really crowded, but fun too.

I have Glen More, and it's good, but I don't think the 2p is that good. Maybe I'll try playing it again.

@Senorcoo: what is your name on Board Game Arena? I didn't even know that they had Troyes there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like Troyes with 4. Three is good, but someone will get screwed with going 1st only once as there are 5 rounds with 3. Two is right on for me.

@Kaspar - I am senorcoo on BGA as well. What about you? They just recently got Troyes. I also like to play Dominion on there as well as Race for the Galaxy, tho I utterly suck at the latter. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm usually available to play at night - eastern time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.