Australia
Five Dock, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a player has lands placed like so:

devilsoblue
yukdevil

and they have Town Hall in play, can they take 2 red cards and 1 blue card or only 1 red card and 1 blue card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Your taxable regions may contain up to two colors, instead of just one. They must still be connected." - Town Hall

From this, I'd say you could get two red and one blue. It's two colors, and they're still connected.

As to an official ruling, I'm not sure. But that's how I'd rule. I can see how there might be an argument that "They must still be connected" means that the sections of land still need to be connected to themselves through adjacency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wakefield Morys-Carter
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure that you can take 2 red cards and 1 blue card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
trif wrote:

devilsoblue
yukdevil

and they have Town Hall in play, can they take 2 red cards and 1 blue card or only 1 red card and 1 blue card?

Official ruling: yes, you get 2 red + 1 blue.

The technical phrasing of your taxation rule in the presence of a Town Hall will become "select 1-4 connected cards of up to 2 colors", so your example would work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Triffitt
Australia
Five Dock, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rseater wrote:
trif wrote:

devilsoblue
yukdevil

Official ruling: yes, you get 2 red + 1 blue.

The technical phrasing of your taxation rule in the presence of a Town Hall will become "select 1-4 connected cards of up to 2 colors", so your example would work!

Thanks for clearing that up!

(for the record - I was wrong, and am now subject to the opprobium of my peers blush )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.