Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be interesting with poker. Draft a card at a time, then place bets using the info you learned while drafting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Take a look at WYSIWYG, an excellent draft/auction/deckbuilding trick-taking game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduard Navratil
Czech Republic
Vizovice
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Interesting idea; perhaps I'll use it to spice up Rummy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Omega Centauri Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
2097 wrote:
I got a new idea: to use a regular (or at least numbered) deck for a drafting game like 7 Wonders. You draft thirteen cards that will become your hand (not showing what cards you pick) and then you take tricks with it. Or some other classical mechanic (hearts? rummy? koi koi?), I don’t know.

Used to play this as a kid quite a bit - you go through the deck winning tricks, and the hand you end up with is what you play at the end, rules for 'german whist' (as we called it) here:

http://www.pagat.com/whist/german_whist.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you could use that idea for a climbing game, ala Tien Len, Big Two, or Tichu. Another interesting game might be Tuo La Ji (which is worth a rules read on pagat).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.