Adam Rau
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks,

I was looking up Super Dungeon Explore on Milsims, and they mentioned that "some assembly may be required" for the miniatures. What sort of assembly would be needed? Simply clicking the miniatures into their bases? Or is this more of a 'Games Workshop' deal of trimming, shaving and gluing the miniatures together? I always found the latter off-putting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mister_Slick wrote:
Hey folks,

I was looking up Super Dungeon Explore on Milsims, and they mentioned that "some assembly may be required" for the miniatures. What sort of assembly would be needed? Simply clicking the miniatures into their bases? Or is this more of a 'Games Workshop' deal of trimming, shaving and gluing the miniatures together? I always found the latter off-putting.

From what I've read, some of the minis come in 2-3 pieces and would need to be glued together. I could be mistaken, and that may just mean the mini needs to be glued to its base. I'd wait to hear from someone who's seen the game in person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I pre-ordered this at GenCon, I asked how the miniatures came, and was told they come in pieces, but that they snap together... So no glue seems to be required...

I'll hold my breath on that one, but they definitely need some end-user assembly.

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Caughmann
msg tools
I wouldn't expect any trimming and shaving. You may run across a model with less than ideal casting that might need a little attention, but nothing that will ruin the game if left unattended.

There are certain models in the game that will almost certainly have multiple parts that need glued together. Unfortunately in terms of model casting...almost any time you want to have a dynamic pose, its going to require multiple parts to achieve.

Almost all of the metal versions of the SDE minis are multi part with assembly required. The Dev's have stated they reworked some of the sculpts to better suit the casting process for the box game....but I still wouldn't be surpised if 1/2 or more of the models in the box set are multi-part that require assembly. (That is unless they come pre-assembled).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Eng-Kohn
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
Lost Gamer
badge
I want to live here
mbmbmbmbmb
I won one of the air-shipped sets of this at GenCon. The minis are almost all in several parts, and they definitely require glue, not snap-together.

They are well worth it though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Ervin
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bengkohn wrote:
I won one of the air-shipped sets of this at GenCon. The minis are almost all in several parts, and they definitely require glue, not snap-together.

Relatively simple gluing?

Or difficult like the original confrontation minis were?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnoir wrote:
bengkohn wrote:

If you look at some of the larger plastic figures in the gallery, you can see where some of them are obviously multi-part figures. It looks like larger pieces that get put together, so my guess is it would be easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Caughmann
msg tools
darthnoir wrote:
bengkohn wrote:

The metal versions of SDE minis all had pretty smooth joints. There wasn't too much trouble assembling them. Plastic is almost always easier to glue together than metal in my experience, so those 2 points should mean some easy assembly and gluing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Clark
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Howdy sir,

The models are all built to compression fit together. There is minimal if any cleaning you should need to do.

If you want to be sure they stay together for ever a touch of glue will make that happen

Kevin Clark

(I work for the publisher of the game )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kevin,

where's the website of Sodapopminiatures gone ?

A while ago there was talk about a new website. Is this the reason ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I call green!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it safe to assume that the minis won't fit back into the box after assembly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Eng-Kohn
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
Lost Gamer
badge
I want to live here
mbmbmbmbmb
The minis may be designed to compression fit, but they don't. Glue is required. Mine fit back into the box, but I am not sure it is a final box size.

The gluing was extremely easy, save for a single model, and that was just pretty easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.