Jose Luis Rodriguez Mena
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the question.
I'd like to know what you think about it, because I'd like to try the game with all the cards (2 sphere deck)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friederike
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on a lot of things:
-which scenario
-which spheres
-how many players
-which heroes
-which expansions (if any)

Considering solo play, I am pretty sure the first scenario is beatable, and probably also the second (depends on your starting threat level a lot).

Dol Guldur - well that is very difficult solo even with a well-built deck, so I doubt it (unless you are very, very lucky, of course)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Luis Rodriguez Mena
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rike wrote:
Depends on a lot of things:
-which scenario
-which spheres
-how many players
-which heroes
-which expansions (if any)

Considering solo play, I am pretty sure the first scenario is beatable, and probably also the second (depends on your starting threat level a lot).

Dol Guldur - well that is very difficult solo even with a well-built deck, so I doubt it (unless you are very, very lucky, of course)

I've only won the first scenario without deck-building, but the second was really really hard:
I played with 2 players, 2 spheres per player

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friederike
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jose633 wrote:

I've only won the first scenario without deck-building, but the second was really really hard:

I also play two-player two-spheres each mostly. And in the beginning we did remove hardly any card (except for the tactics one where you need three tactics heroes and I think Brok Ironfist).
And we succeeded in the Anduin scenario more often than not.

Are you using three Gandalfs each? And which sphere and hero combinations?

About Dol Guldur: I think that would be really difficult. We started optimising our decks before trying Dol Guldur for the first time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Z├╝rich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
With the exception of the Escape scenario, I have to say a resounding "YES"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Luis Rodriguez Mena
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rike wrote:
jose633 wrote:

I also play two-player two-spheres each mostly. And in the beginning we did remove hardly any card (except for the tactics one where you need three tactics heroes and I think Brok Ironfist).
And we succeeded in the Anduin scenario more often than not.

Are you using three Gandalfs each? And which sphere and hero combinations?

About Dol Guldur: I think that would be really difficult. We started optimising our decks before trying Dol Guldur for the first time.

We use 2 Gandalf each (2 x player), we only have 1 core set.
Tactics/Lore
Leadership/Spirit

Yesterday's game heroes were **Bilbo, Legolas and Denethor** and **Theodred, Gloin and Eowyn**

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friederike
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jose633 wrote:

Tactics/Lore
Leadership/Spirit

Yesterday's game heroes were **Bilbo, Legolas and Denethor** and **Theodred, Gloin and Eowyn**

We use the same sphere combination, but other heroes. Most importantly we have two spirit heroes (and two tactics). I don't remember exactly though what was the hero combination we used when we were playing non-optimised decks.

Maybe you could try different heroes? We normally use Bilbo, Legolas & Gimli and Eowyn, Theodred & Dunhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Luis Rodriguez Mena
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rike wrote:
jose633 wrote:

Tactics/Lore
Leadership/Spirit

We use the same sphere combination, but other heroes. Most importantly we have two spirit heroes (and two tactics). I don't remember exactly though what was the hero combination we used when we were playing non-optimised decks.

Maybe you could try different heroes? We normally use Bilbo, Legolas & Gimli and Eowyn, Theodred & Dunhere.

We'll try! Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.