Subject: Any idea when this will ship? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Jennings
Austria
St Wolfgang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Treefrog said the game would be released early September......any day now then???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elia - "Rainbow Hippie" Acca
Italy
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow it took 4 hours...
Eager, anyone? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sweazey
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I've shown great patience...people are able to buy the game, take it home, and gloat over it in Reading! Meanwhile, here I sit, and I've led a much better life! Why's everybody always picking on me?!?shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
msweazey wrote:
...people are able to buy the game, take it home, and gloat over it in Reading!

Move to Reading? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
badge
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is dedication, and there is madness. I'm pretty sure voluntarily moving to Reading qualifies as the later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Orcoteuthis wrote:
There is dedication, and there is madness. I'm pretty sure voluntarily moving to Reading qualifies as the later.

I once dated a girl from Reading so it's a bit of both... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Holt
England
Rayleigh
Essex
flag msg tools
This is not the cat you're looking for - some other cat maybe?
badge
tout passe, tout lasse, tout casse
mbmbmbmbmb
Orcoteuthis wrote:

There are worse places in England than Reading to live ...

... and If I spend 5 minutes I might think of one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
But Reading does (or did) have an institution called The Royal Berks Hospital. Always good for a chuckle when you drove past that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wargrave
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
I might be missing something here - but what is being released in reading/shipped in September? The collectors or normal edition? I am still very confused over deluxe/collectors what where when how much etc

Ps. Met my wife in reading when I lived there for a couple of years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andyholt wrote:
There are worse places in England than Reading to live

... and If I spend 5 minutes I might think of one

Slough. Several of the New Towns. (The only good thing about Basildon is two of my best friends live there, and maybe the theatre, and ... OK, what has Basildon ever done for us?)

Reading has at least two excellent free (last time I was there) museums, a decent bit of river, some interesting ruins, a university whose archaeology department seems to be well regarded (although its architect is not) and a gaol. OK, forget the gaol, though it did inspire a ballad. And fast trains to London so you can leave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading PA has some nice trains too. And better yet, it is on the way to Historicon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Bullseye
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carthagenj wrote:
Reading PA has some nice trains too. And better yet, it is on the way to Historicon

And if you can like it, you can BUY the railroad for $200!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Jennings
Austria
St Wolfgang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, my original question was 'does anyone know when this will ship'? I may be being picky but I don't think any of the responses answers that.....especially 'I once dated a girl in Reading'..........
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading's not quite as bad as Slough, but it's right up there with Swindon, Newbury and Woking on the list of places where I do not want to live. Those unfortunate enough to live there probably deserve some compensation, like an early copy of A-M.

The fact that there are going to be copies available this weekend probably means one of two things:

Either the copies Reading will be Collectors' Editions, in which case Treefrog will also have their copies in the next few days, and will post them out in the normal way. This means that some people will get their copies ahead of others, but Treefrog have little control over worldwide postal services (or basic geography); If you want your copy really quick, make some special arrangement with Moist von Lipwig (but don't buy any shares from him).

Or the copies that they will have in Reading are mass-market editions (not out of the question, given that high street retailers demand their Christmas stock be delivered to them on the 1st of September). In which case Treefrog customers can happily wait a little longer, knowing that the Reading residents have been treated to an Inferior Product that contains the Number Which Must Not Be Used.

As far as I know, Treefrog have NOT diverted pre-ordered, paid-for copies from their intended recipients in order to be able to sell them weeks - or even months - early to cash customers. That would be Shoddy Treatment, and anyone who does something like that deserves a nasty case of trolls no matter how Eminent their Domain is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:

Or the copies that they will have in Reading are mass-market editions (not out of the question, given that high street retailers demand their Christmas stock be delivered to them on the 1st of September). In which case Treefrog customers can happily wait a little longer, knowing that the Reading residents have been treated to an Inferior Product that contains the Number Which Must Not Be Used.

According to Eclectic Games in this thread, the copies will be standard editions, rather than Collectors/Deluxe.

Press Release - Eclectic Games to host Ankh Morpork Launch Party
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. The poor fools. Don't they know about the dangers of the number ninja Oops, nearly dropped myself in it there.

[FWIW, I actually prefer the box art of the mass market edition. Don't tell Martin I said so.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eclectic Games
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
We have limited numbers of the 7a dice, plus posters and badges, to give away with our bog-standard general retail copies of Ankh Morpork. (still beautiful! Still a really good game! Can be signed by Martin!)

Priority is going to the people who turn up on the day for the event. After Saturday, all the current web orders get any remaining giveaways, and in the unlikely event there's any left after that, it's on a first come, first served basis while stocks last.

Becky Ottery
Owner - eclectic games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goat Goatington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
The regular edition has shown up in the release schedule of Esdevium for next week. If the extra parts are produced for the launch I guess that all the collectors editions will ship from Treefrog soon enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
oneilljgf wrote:
msweazey wrote:
...people are able to buy the game, take it home, and gloat over it in Reading!

Move to Reading? whistle

It's in stock at www.iguk.co.uk probably other stores as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch! Glad I'm not a deck builder fan and helped to kick start that one. Lots of angst going round BGG over that.

RDewsbery wrote:

As far as I know, Treefrog have NOT diverted pre-ordered, paid-for copies from their intended recipients in order to be able to sell them weeks - or even months - early to cash customers. That would be Shoddy Treatment, and anyone who does something like that deserves a nasty case of trolls no matter how Eminent their Domain is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Owens
United Kingdom
Manchester
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

[/q]

It's in stock at www.iguk.co.uk probably other stores as well.[/q]

yes in stock at amazon.co.uk and gameslore.com as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.