Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Just wanted to inform you about the news on the Treefroggames.com website
Quote:
Julia and I will be at Electic Games in Reading this Saturday to help with the launch of Discworld Ankh Morpork. We will be bringing goodies, such as badges and posters. I will be available for signings and such like.

Eclecticgames is a gamestore in the UK, http://www.eclecticgames.co.uk/

Here is what they say about the launch event:
Quote:

On Saturday 3rd September, eclectic games in Reading will be hosting a Launch Party for Martin Wallace's latest boardgame, Ankh Morpork. Dripping with Discworld flavour, boasting gorgeous artwork and fun, compelling gameplay, Ankh Morpork more than lives up to the high standards associated with both Discworld and Treefrog Games.

Martin Wallace will be here all day to demonstrate the game, explain the finer points of what the differences between the Thieves Guild, Fools Guild and Seamstress Guild cards mean from a design point of view, and will probably deface your copy of the game with his signature if you ask him politely.

There will be cake, a small prize for the best Discworld fancy dress, face painting by Kel's Kolours, and of course the game will be available to purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tania Pouli
France
Paimpont
Ille-et-Vilaine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea what time the whole thing kicks off tomorrow at Eclectic games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eclectic Games
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Doors open at 10am. We're open until 6pm. Look forward to seeing you!

Becky Ottery
Owner - eclectic games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Ruck
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
Crabro was my first own-design stunt kite, named after a genus of black and yellow stinging insect in the UK
mbmbmbmbmb
So, where is my pre-ordered copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Brown
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crabro wrote:
So, where is my pre-ordered copy?

I believe that this is the launch of the "store" version of the game...i.e the version that will be in W.H.Smiths.

You will have ordered the Treefrog version. Those will be available soon.

Regards

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember - the poor schmucks who buy the game from WHSmith are getting a game that includes the number 8 on the board and die, and are therefore taking a big risk that Bel-Shamharoth appears and eats their copy of the game whole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sevy singh
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each copy of the game sold by Eclectic on Saturday came with an addtional 7a die, a large artwork poster, character badge and of course a chance to have a chat with Martin and Julia. Well done Eclectic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Oppenheim
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really nice launch at Eclectic - great to have a chance to chat to Martin - he put up with my incoherent questions and general burbling with charm and some fascinating insights into the creation process and economics of AM. I hadn't realised I suffered from (geek) celebrity foot-in-mouth.

The bonus items:
and signed box were just icing on cake; speaking of which, did anyone get a photo of the splendid Discworld cake?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Brown
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markoppenheim wrote:
Really nice launch at Eclectic - great to have a chance to chat to Martin - he put up with my incoherent questions and general burbling with charm and some fascinating insights into the creation process and economics of AM.

This was quite OBVIOUSLY not Martin Wallace....It was someone PRETENDING to be Martin Wallace. Charm??....Yeah, pull my left one...It's got bells on it!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.