rich sabre
United Kingdom
cumbria
flag msg tools
Here is my first custom scenario, Scouting the wilds- i need some play testers, so any feedback would be helpful

http://lcgscenarios.weebly.com/scouting-the-wilds.html

It is aimed at levels 2-3, uses the core set, and is designed to be played solo. At the moment i am still trying to get the 'you cannot pass this stage until...' balanced, so i need some help with that.

credits to ninjadorg for the template!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, but only 1,2,3?

Edit 1: I have re-read the cards, and it seems like the B-side is substitued by the light grey writing on the bottom.
Clever idea.

The scenario seems quite on the easy side (I would rate it a 1, along with Mirkwood).
Stage 2 is VERY random.
I mean: it can be over in a turn, if no locations show up, and since this is a 1 player quest, drawing drawing only 1 encounter card, means that, with Eowyn and/or Legolas, the stage will be over in no time.

1 and 3 are very similar (if not identical to the Mirkwood 1B and 3B).

Anyhow, I will play test it, and report the outcome.

cheers

Edit 2: ninja ed by you and Ninjadorg on the edit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rich sabre
United Kingdom
cumbria
flag msg tools
yes i decided to cut out the 2 parts, it made the process much simpler seeing as it was my first go at designing one, when i have some feedback i may include a and b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great first effort!
My only note - if I may - would be that it's very similar to the Mirkwood scenario, especially with the starting setup. Maybe you'd like to mix it up a little more? Whether or not you do - good work mate. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rich sabre
United Kingdom
cumbria
flag msg tools
thanks!

i started out with dol guldor orcs and spiders- but found it too hard solo having 3 encounters in the setup, maybe a stronger 3 heros and deck might sort it out, such as tactics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Running
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
First, great work. I agree with NinjaDorg regarding the similarities to Mirkwood. It plays well, though. I like the "Lost" aspect the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aidyn Newman
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job!

I don't feel that cutting out the "B" side mattered much with this scenario; with some of the more complex scenarios, having the extra side is necessary, but here it clearly isn't.

It's definitely an easy scenario, but stage 2 "Lost!" does lend a bit more difficulty to the quest altogether, especially when playing with multiple players. If 4 players draw 4 locations in a row it can be pretty tough to get out without the aid of Northern Trackers / etc. I would rate it at a 2 when playing with 3-4 players and a 1 when playing with 1-2 players.

It's well designed. Despite its similarities to Mirkwood, the first and second stage are unique enough to make it a more favorable scenario to play than Mirkwood. Of course, that might just be because I've played Mirkwood a bajillion times.

I'll try it out later this week and let you know how it went. Good job! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.