Subject: Rule localization rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

Me and my friends are working with folks from our local game shop on a project of popularizing this hobby in our community. However, language barrier is a huge problem - English rules are mostly impenetrable for most people in my country, and localization is really hard without templates of the original rules.

Does anyone know what is the easiest way of acquiring these templates, at least for some of the more popular (or lighter) games, such as Settlers, Carc, Dominion, Pandemic, etc.? Should we contact the publishers and are they bound to offer something like that for free (with the promise of providing them with localized version in return)? We are a small market, but still it would help sell their product and give them profit.

Thanks for any kind of help. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's a template?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A rulebook with all the pictures and everything, but with editable text so you can translate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you're looking for nicely formatted rules in your language that game shops can include when selling games? Or would the rules be used when teaching games in the game store?

I would start with the publishers. If you don't get anywhere with a publisher, see if you can get in touch with the game designer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwingrave wrote:
So you're looking for nicely formatted rules in your language that game shops can include when selling games?

No.. I'm looking for nicely formatted rules in english or german language which we could localize so they might be included with the purchased game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.