Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Make sure that the lenses do not come into contact with soap, makeup, spray, snuff or other chemical substances

Is not all substances chemical, is not everything based on chemicals?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Miller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, ever substance is a chemical compound or a mixture of chemicals. Unfortunate to lay people a chemical is something which is evil and lives a drum with a skull and crossbones on it. Manufacturers are often too lazy to report which chemical compound they refer to.

I suggest not allowing acetone, Methyl Ethel Ketone or Methyl Amyl Ketone to come in contact with the lenses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point - you had better make sure they don't come into contact with air or water either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
mbmbmbmbmb
virre wrote:
Quote:

Make sure that the lenses do not come into contact with soap, makeup, spray, snuff or other chemical substances

Not me! I have no chemistry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Billythehut wrote:
virre wrote:
Quote:

I am a unicorn and therefore have no chemistry. I am composed entirely of love, sunshine, luck, and pony wishes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Lincoln
NE: NEBRASKA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyOffice wrote:
Billythehut wrote:
virre wrote:
Quote:

I am a unicorn and therefore have no chemistry. I am composed entirely of love, sunshine, luck, and pony wishes.

Luckily there is a chemical compound for love.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Hendricks
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You must only use the lenses in outer space or in the plasma of the sun. I suppose a neutron star or black hole will work as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously, without chemicals, life would be impossible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Not to mention all the chemicals on your eyeballs. It's safest not to let those lenses come in contact with your eyes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
mylittlepwny wrote:

So, let me see if I have this right... in order to have love, you need two ho's?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
intrepideddie wrote:
mylittlepwny wrote:

So, let me see if I have this right... in order to have love, you need two ho's?

No, the basis of all life is HoHos. Hostess HoHos.

Mmmmm....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
virre wrote:

No, some things are based upon energy, such as light or radio waves, and some things are based upon matter, such as sub-atomic particles. Further, there are things which have no physical form, such as concepts and ideas. So not everything is based upon chemicals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K
Canada
toronto
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
berserkley wrote:
Seriously, without chemicals, life would be impossible.

I know mine would be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
virre wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, had a coworker once describing how she was going to pick up some 'natural pesticide, because she had to spray everywhere, and she didn't want her pets getting sick if they got in it'

Wait. What?

'It's natural! So it's not bad for them!'

Uhhh...you do realize arsenic is 'natural', right? So is uranium, mercury, various acids, etc, et al...

(I really have no idea how this misconception has become adopted, that everything "natural" is 'good' and everything man-made is 'bad'. It really seems to come as a shock to some people to realize that what is 'natural' can actually be a rather horrible place, that will kill you if it could...)

((Oh, and that reminds me of another conversation I'd had even further back. A girl - this is back in middle school days - who INSISTED that arsenic was man-made. It was a poison, it killed people, it HAD to be man-made, period. Couldn't be natural, it was dangerous - QED! Unfortunately, I could not convince her otherwise. This was somewhat before ubiquitous Internet access, and I didn't have a periodic table on me at the time...))
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
virre wrote:

No, some things are based upon energy, such as light or radio waves, and some things are based upon matter, such as sub-atomic particles. Further, there are things which have no physical form, such as concepts and ideas. So not everything is based upon chemicals.

of course, I know that. However in context it still is what it is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.