Brian McCormick
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Tasteless Brute
mbmbmbmbmb
The base set has 37 rings. The Gipf Potentials 2 adds 12 more Zertz rings into the mix. However, I've also heard that 61 rings is acceptable (if I'm not mistaken, this would create a symmetrical 5-sided hexagon).

Are there alternate rules or an alternate number of marbles used with these variants, or do I use the same amount of marbles that I would use with the 37-ring base set? The reason why I ask is because if more marbles are used, then the obvious choice would be to pick up a 2nd set of Zertz.

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Rankin
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You do not need extra marbles, only more rings. However if you have not mastered the material at http://www.scat.demon.co.uk/zertz/strategy.htm, you are not ready for extra rings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCormick
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Tasteless Brute
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryan Rankin wrote:
You do not need extra marbles, only more rings. However if you have not mastered the material at http://www.scat.demon.co.uk/zertz/strategy.htm, you are not ready for extra rings.

Thanks for the info! I am still a newcomer to Zertz but since I kept hearing about "extra rings" I was curious about how they influenced the game.

Again, thanks for the link. I don't think I will look at it because I want my skill level to grow with my opponents, so...yeah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aurendrosl wrote:
(if I'm not mistaken, this would create a symmetrical 5-sided hexagon).
I'd love to see a 5-sided hexagon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCormick
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Tasteless Brute
mbmbmbmbmb
hakko504 wrote:
Aurendrosl wrote:
(if I'm not mistaken, this would create a symmetrical 5-sided hexagon).
I'd love to see a 5-sided hexagon!

Heh he heh

I meant to say a 5-ring-sided hexagon. Good catch though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.