Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claire Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all - I've been playing some demo turns to get used to the rules before introducing the game to the family - and something I've found whilst I play I need a bit of a direction on - the Crisis cards at the bottom indicate any Cylon Attack moves and if the Jump marker moves. The rules state if the next mark on the Jump track is Auto Jump, the fleet jumps.

My question is : which comes first on the Crisis card? In my game tests I have been resolving the Crisis, then conducting the attack then moving the Jump Track on. But if the card drawn shows an attack and jump track move which would mean a solution for a jump is complete (auto jump), are the players allowed to auto jump before the Cylon attack is resolved?

Lol - using the show as a reference is no good, jumps happen all over the place, usually leaving two or three Cylon missiles now flying through empty space...

cheers for any pointers

frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The order is always

1 Resolve crisis

2.Cylon activation

3.Jump (if any)

So the cylons always activate before the autojump takes place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Confusing the matter a bit, there are a few Crises that advance the Jump Track as part of the Crisis Resolution step, e.g., Crippled Raider (if the Skill Test is passed, then the Jump Track advances a step).

In the unusual case off THIS jump track advancement moving the fleet marker to auto-jump the fleet will jump, clearing the board before the Cylon activation step. The crisis continues resolving so this step still happens but there won't be any ships left to activate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedShark92 wrote:
Confusing the matter a bit, there are a few Crises that advance the Jump Track as part of the Crisis Resolution step, e.g., Crippled Raider (if the Skill Test is passed, then the Jump Track advances a step).

In the unusual case off THIS jump track advancement moving the fleet marker to auto-jump the fleet will jump, clearing the board before the Cylon activation step. The crisis continues resolving so this step still happens but there won't be any ships left to activate.
Further confusing the matter a bit more, a destination card could put out cylon ships after the board is cleared, so now the cylon Activation step will have ships to work with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
FURTHER confusing the situation... nah. I got nothing.
Their way to resolve it is correct.
Crisis text (move jump track and jump if the text itself tells you, select destination)
Activate cylons
Move jump track if there is a jump token on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.