Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Fighting Formations: Grossdeutschland Motorized Infantry Division» Forums » Rules

Subject: Passing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Higginbottom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a player pass during the order phase i.e. not take an order cube OR do they have to take an order cube, pay the initiative and then do nothing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bishop
United Kingdom
Lytham St. Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
higginbottomm wrote:
Can a player pass during the order phase i.e. not take an order cube OR do they have to take an order cube, pay the initiative and then do nothing?

You take an order cube then you can choose to carry out the order or do nothing i.e. Pass.

Rule section 3.0 step 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
bishuk wrote:
higginbottomm wrote:

You take an order cube then you can choose to carry out the order or do nothing i.e. Pass.

Rule section 3.0 step 5.

I agree with your answer, but I'm not sure how section 3 (Units) answers it...Am I missing something?

Rule sections 20 and 30 seem to answer it:
20 wrote:
The player with the Initiative will perform a single order. Every order costs a certain amount of Initiative to perform, depending on which row the order cube was removed from. At the end of every order players check to see if the turn ends [21.12]. Then, whichever player has the Initiative – which could be the same player – performs the next order.

30 wrote:
To give an order, a player performs the following sequence:
1) Remove any one order cube from the Order Matrix.
2) Move the Initiative marker a number of spaces towards his opponent
equal to the number in the box from which the cube was taken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Steve meant Section 30. Step 5

The Rules wrote:
5) Perform the chosen order [rules 31-38] or choose to do nothing ("pass"). Opponent may use Return Fire/Op Fire if appropriate [34.3 & 35.6]. Unactivate units as they complete their activities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Higginbottom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help guys.

RPardoe wrote:
Steve meant Section 30. Step 5

The Rules wrote:
5) Perform the chosen order [rules 31-38] or choose to do nothing ("pass"). Opponent may use Return Fire/Op Fire if appropriate [34.3 & 35.6]. Unactivate units as they complete their activities.

This is how we have been playing it but we were not totally sure.

It is quite funny when this happens. So far it has happened when one player has had to pay the initiative for the asset order as the last order available when they have no asset cards available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.