Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Norman
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, we ran into a situation playing CoH last night where I wasn't sure about the ruling in regards to group firing.

1) If I have 3 fresh units that are adjacent to each other, and no active unit, can I play the Command Action (#2) card to group fire with the 3 adjacent units?

2) Using the situation described above, can I also use CAPS to group-fire (thereby creating a sort of "temporary" group)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Rzymkowski
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It even goes like this:
snorman (edited) wrote:
1) If I have 3 fresh units that are adjacent to each other, can I play the Command Action (#2) card to group fire with the 3 adjacent units?

Yes.

snorman wrote:
2) Using the situation described above, can I also use CAPS to group-fire (thereby creating a sort of "temporary" group)?

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
snorman wrote:
1) If I have 3 fresh units that are adjacent to each other, and no active unit, can I play the Command Action (#2) card to group fire with the 3 adjacent units?

I believe you mean 'activated'. Units are 'active' (not a rules term) when they're currently preforming an action. An activated unit is simply a unit that can use AP to pay for it's actions.

snorman wrote:

All groups are "temporary": they exist only for the duration of the action they are performing. "Group" is often confused with the set activated units because one often creates or adds to the set of activated units by performing an action with a group using AP. But the two things are distinct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Norman
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.