Subject: Extra terrain tiles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin

St Louis Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mb
I purchased the Epic expansion for the extra playing board, but I noticed it doesn't come with any more terrain tiles. I was wondering if there was any place, or any sort of expansion, where I could pick up more. I would like the ability to make an epic board full of thick forests, winding rivers and rolling hills.

I do have the Call To Arms expansion which gives a little more tile variety, but not enough quantity.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope

Some expansions came with 'lair' tiles etc but that's it.

I suggest the following..

An extra base game. or

Use Memoir 44 / Battle Cry / Battles of Westeros tiles. Not a 100% colour / style match - but should do.

Scan the original tiles and get copies made and pasted onto thick card.

Go 3d - build your own board and forget about 2d tiles

Others may have different suggestions for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
MWAlbion wrote:

Use Memoir 44 / Battle Cry / Battles of Westeros tiles. Not a 100% colour / style match - but should do.

That's what I do. Not enough of a difference to bother me. In fact, it adds a bit of flavor, as if you create a forest using BL tiles, and another with BoW tiles, you get the sense that the forests are composed of different trees, which I like. Plus, you end up with multiple great games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin

St Louis Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mb
So is there a way to purchase extra BOW tiles then? The full game itself doesn't interest me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
PoweredBySoy wrote:
I purchased the Epic expansion for the extra playing board, but I noticed it doesn't come with any more terrain tiles. I was wondering if there was any place, or any sort of expansion, where I could pick up more. I would like the ability to make an epic board full of thick forests, winding rivers and rolling hills.

I do have the Call To Arms expansion which gives a little more tile variety, but not enough quantity.

Thanks.

Call to arms came with marshes.

I actually did an inventory of what you would be short if you had a single copy of the base game (and all expansions) in order to make the official Epic maps that say they require 2 base games.

You are actually only short 7 forest tiles. As far as actual game play, you are only missing the 2nd spider (which could be replaced by any creature), and if you play Reluctant Allies, 2 lore cups and 2 lore master sheets (for the allies).

If you want to create your own scenarios that require more than what is in the game, either purchase that second game, or make photo copies of the terrain in question. You could probably scan and print off passable tress in groups of threes or fours and mount them to cardboard to quickly fill in spaces on the boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.