Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend and I were having a discussion about games in general and I was having a hard time coming up with an example of an America produced game that was more "Euro" than it was "Thematic". I'm sure there are some out there. Help me out peeps. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a case can be made that the original "Euro" designer was an American: Sid Sackson

Some examples:
Acquire
Bazaar
Executive Decision
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Tubman
United States
CLINTON
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much any game by Alan R. Moon. Which include the 10 Days Series and the Ticket to Ride series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad N
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Unique titles I've played in 2018
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are many if you mean American designer or American publisher. There are probably not as many if you are looking for games actually produced in America.

A few examples that probably fit the first group above...
- Pandemic
- Acquire
- Dominion
- Homesteaders
- Alien Frontiers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dawgfish wrote:
Pretty much any game by Alan R. Moon. Which include the 10 Days Series and the Ticket to Ride series.

Yeah. My first thought was Union Pacific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed G.
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Made" and "produced" are two different things. Z-Man, Rio Grande, and Fantasy Flight (among others) "produce" their games in America ("produce" being design, work up art and rules, conduct business activities such as licensing, marketing, etc.), but the games themselves, the boards and bits, are made in China.

Depending on your definition of "made" in America, there are few and far between, especially if you only consider contemporary games. A number of threads have been made recently in various boards across BGG about games "made" in America, so you may want to search them out.

Depending on your definition of "made," since you live in America, any print-and-play game (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeksearch.php?action=search&ob... may be "made" in America.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terra Prime and Chaos in the Old World have American designers. CitOW may seem more Ameritrashy but it is rather a hybrid that leans more on its Euro mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gilligan
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Revolution! from Steve Jackson Games is about as Euro as it gets. Good game as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres F. Pabon L.
Colombia
Bogotá
DC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If Australian designs qualify, you can't get much more "Euro" than Endeavor, which is also published originally by the very much American Z-Man Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dawgfish wrote:
Moon was born in England, but since sources say he's living in the US now, we'll let that slide

Speaking of which, there's Race For The Galaxy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Seoul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
bacusgod wrote:
If Australian designs qualify, you can't get much more "Euro" than Endeavor, which is also published originally by the very much American Z-Man Games.

I think you have mistaken the Kiwis for Aussies. Run while you still have a chance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fleet is coming outr next year. no page yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.