Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been playing for a year and did not know about the card-discarding-for-an-additional-cube, camel, or gold thing.

We never use the camel track so we must be missing other things.
I've look over the book (rio grande version) but I could not find anything.

Could someone name the things most players miss in this game, just so we can be sure we are playing right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Can buy only one building per turn

The supervisor moves by the value of one of the dice chosen (1-6) not the number of dice in the row.

Camels can save your cube from being shipped.

The special rules for the varying number of players (i.e. 3 players have less camels/spaces in the caravan; 4 player order on the last turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell
Netherlands
Zutphen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The supervisor can't move and return to the same place he just left. If he moves he must go to another space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
collapsing wave wrote:
The supervisor can't move and return to the same place he just left. If he moves he must go to another space.

I believe this descrbes the designer's original rules, not the published rules. The published rules permit you to "move" the supervisor to the space it just left and send a stone to the caravan, if you modify the dice number by the third building (the one that lets you change the movement by 1-3 spaces) or by spending gold.

Another rule that can be missed is that the supervisor returns to the center space at the end of each week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TedW wrote:

Can buy only one building per turn

The supervisor moves by the value of one of the dice chosen (1-6) not the number of dice in the row.

Camels can save your cube from being shipped.

The special rules for the varying number of players (i.e. 3 players have less camels/spaces in the caravan; 4 player order on the last turn).

Yeah the only one of these we had wrong is the supervisor moves the number of pips on the die in the row not the number of dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
actuaryesquire wrote:
collapsing wave wrote:

I believe this descrbes the designer's original rules, not the published rules. The published rules permit you to "move" the supervisor to the space it just left and send a stone to the caravan, if you modify the dice number by the third building (the one that lets you change the movement by 1-3 spaces) or by spending gold.

Another rule that can be missed is that the supervisor returns to the center space at the end of each week.

Ah! I did not understand your words the first read but I get it, you can only move back to a previous space if you spend gold or you have built the hammam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you for the tips so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.