Subject: Gambling with Arkham Horror rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flux Augur
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
So some members of my regular gaming group like to gamble. I was wondering if anyone out there had tried adding a gambling component to their games of Arkham Horror, and if so, what might those be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Davis
United States
Hobbs
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time you spend a clue token to add to a roll it's a gamble
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Each time your investigator loses a point of sanity, play a round of russian roulette.

*Warning, it's recomened you sleve your cards and boards if playing with this variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hogan Brimacombe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
The best laid plans of mice and men, often go awry...
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy dunwich and let them go to drakes carnival and gamble to their hearts content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time a rules ambiguity is encountered, everyone does a shot!

(hmmm... better stock a few extra bottles...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Wisniewski
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Find me on Twitter @bgg_geraldkw
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not surprised you are an AH player because you would have to be a bit mad to try to mix gambling with this.

How about placing money from each player on gates as they open? Whoever closes the gate, keeps the money.

Sealing the gate gets you 1 extra unit of money from each player (Unit being the amount bet on each gate as they open).

Rumor cards are larger; allow players to optionally bet, and whoever wants to can match the bet, whichever of the betting players contributes the most resources to "defeating" the rumor card gets the bets.

Victory (or defeat)

Anyone who completes "Joining the winning team" gets all the money left on the board, plus one "unit" of money from each player.

Whoever seals or closes the gate that wins the game gets 1-3 units from everyone chosen at beginning of game. The remaining money on the board is divided among all players.

If the players lose, all money on the board +1 unit per player is donated to a charity chosen by group discussion before the game.

If the players win the final battle, just divide up the money remaining on the board between all players. Optionally everyone pays 1 unit to whoever struck the killing blow on the Ancient One.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.