Spencer C
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered a couple discs from DiscGolfCenter.com and had a moment's confusion when a package arrived with the return address of CoolStuffInc. I was thinking, "Oh no! Did I buy boardgames in my sleep again?!" but it ended up being the discs I had bought.

Just wondering what the story here is, if they share the same retail location or are run by the same people or whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Rodriguez
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they are by the same people. I used to live about 10 miles from Cool Stuff's physical location in the Orlando area and their old store (which is now used for inventory storage) was right next to the disc golf center.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
Yeah, if you notice near the bottom left of their page there is a link to the discgolfcenter website... I'd assume that means at least their shipping facility is linked to CSI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezra Nicholson
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a disc golfer, I was very excited when I discovered that they were owned by the same people. They will combine orders to save on shipping if you contact them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Watson
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard it's a dummy corporation. Like how COBRA from GI Joe sets up fake corporations to fund their terrorism. You didn't hear that from me though. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I was recommended discgolfcenter when I was wanting to buy some new discs and it was a pleasant surprise to see that they were owned by the same people as CSI. Both are fantastic sites to order from!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Anyone know what the relationship between CoolStuffInc and DiscGolfCenter is?

They used to date, but CoolStuffInc decided they were better off as friends, and DiscGolfCenter agreed but is still hopelessly in love and is hoping that CoolStuffInc will "come around".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Perks
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered from both companies, and I concur they are both great. Free shipping with a qualifying order, and shipments received (in the East) in a couple of days Max.

My only problem is that I buy almost every game Lance reviews and don't have time to play as much Disc Golf as I did before I got hooked on the "Undead Viking."

~ Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theperkman wrote:
I have ordered from both companies, and I concur they are both great. Free shipping with a qualifying order, and shipments received (in the East) in a couple of days Max.

My only problem is that I buy almost every game Lance reviews and don't have time to play as much Disc Golf as I did before I got hooked on the "Undead Viking."

~ Bill

You are too kind. Thank you for the praise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theperkman wrote:

~ Bill

Yeah Lance, stop playing so many good games. Also If you have a chance could you answer my Olympos question? My coolstuff order is ready to go based on your answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
theperkman wrote:

~ Bill

Yeah Lance, stop playing so many good games. Also If you have a chance could you answer my Olympos question? My coolstuff order is ready to go based on your answer.

Ha!

Answered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.