Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Williams
United States
Vista
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the rule is that a combat only occurs if the hero chooses. But does Sauron have to agree? If the Hero says yes and Sauron no I'm assuming there is no combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Larkin
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twinkies... YUM!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ambush happens outside of Sauron's control I believe... so in the case the Hero chooses to fight, that's what happens, Sauron doesn't get a choice. This is one of the best ways really do kill off a minion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick Reference from the back cover:
"Ambush Step: Sauron may choose and attack with one monster or minion in the hero’s location."

From page 10:
"Ambush Step: Sauron must choose and attack with one monster or minion in the hero’s location. In this case, a combat starts"
Page 22:
"Sauron must choose one of those monster tokens (or minions) that the hero must engage in combat."

I think the 2 "musts" mean that Sauron has no choice. It appears that the quick reference on the back cover is a misprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.