Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Logan Mann
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed both the 1st and 2nd printings of this game but am planning on getting the game with the expansion through the Alien Frontiers: Factions Kickstarter campaign running this month. That said I've seen multiple suggestions for printing and sleeving or doing a personal artscow image for these.

Has anyone made their own on artscow? I would probably go that route as I don't care to sleeve the whole game. Is the size and shape comparable? Is it worth my time to try and do this?

If not I've also seen the suggestion from CMG to just play a 4/5/6 in the Outpost as a spacecrane action. I will probably do that if so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
logan_mann wrote:
I've also seen the suggestion from CMG to just play a 4/5/6 in the Outpost as a spacecrane action. I will probably do that if so.

One BGG user recently suggested that it would be better to assign the "space crane effect" to the 1/2/3 sequence at the Raiders' Outpost. This gives a bonus to the player using a risky weak run that is likely to get bumped later, and gives more useful ways for small value ships to be played.

This sounds reasonable and I endorse this variation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Mann
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh thanks, I like that idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jendrzej Szemis
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I ended up downloading the image from BGG, resizing it to the appropriate size, printing on to similar cardboard at the local printer and putting all the cards into sleeves. The image is a little darker than the rest of the cards but otherwise it’s fine.

As far as it goes in game however, we’ve found that people never buy it, preferring other cards instead. So we’ve only seen it in action when someone is dealt it at the start of the game. And even then it was only used once when there was no ore out on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Szemis wrote:

As far as it goes in game however, we’ve found that people never buy it, preferring other cards instead. So we’ve only seen it in action when someone is dealt it at the start of the game. And even then it was only used once when there was no ore out on the table.

THIS. i think this was a great promo card idea, as its a nice bonus but VERY far from essential. If it was very powerful/fun/useful, I suspect alot more folks would be grumpy that it is no longer available by any means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
CleverMojo wrote:
logan_mann wrote:
I've also seen the suggestion from CMG to just play a 4/5/6 in the Outpost as a spacecrane action. I will probably do that if so.

One BGG user recently suggested that it would be better to assign the "space crane effect" to the 1/2/3 sequence at the Raiders' Outpost. This gives a bonus to the player using a risky weak run that is likely to get bumped later, and gives more useful ways for small value ships to be played.

This sounds reasonable and I endorse this variation.

What about printing this rule on a sticker or on cardboard like the dock covers? It's probably too late to add this in the first expansion, but you could maybe include it in one of the faction small expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.