Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The Nemeses rule makes it sound like the hero and the villain ALWAYS take an extra point of damage when hit, regardless of source. Is that right? Seems off that an environment would care that they hate each other.

2) If a hero (or villain) makes it through their deck, do they reshuffle? I would assume so, but I can't find where it says to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bender
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
From the rule book (and the rules section of the website):

1) "When both of them are in play, all damage dealt to each other is increased by 1, but not damage to targets other than specifically the Hero and Villain character cards." Because yeah, the environment doesn't care that they hate each other

2) Your interpretation is correct. Per the rules: "if any deck ever runs out of cards, simply shuffle that deck’s Trash and continue playing as normal."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aldred wrote:
1) "When both of them are in play, all damage dealt to each other is increased by 1, but not damage to targets other than specifically the Hero and Villain character cards." Because yeah, the environment doesn't care that they hate each other

This doesn't answer the question. It just says that the Environment cards don't TAKE extra damage, not that the Nemeses won't be taking extra damage FROM them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
aldred wrote:

This doesn't answer the question. It just says that the Environment cards don't TAKE extra damage, not that the Nemeses won't be taking extra damage FROM them.

I think what you're looking for is example 2 on page 8 of the rulebook:
Rulebook wrote:

When Baron Blade plays "Hasten Doom", dealing each hero 2 toxic damage, Legacy actually takes 3 toxic damage, while the other heroes all take 2 toxic damage. However, when Baron Blade's "Powered Remote Turret" deals each hero 2 projectile damage, Legacy just takes 2 damage, as the source of the damage is the "Powered Remote Turret", not Baron Blade.
(emphasis mine)
This clearly implies that unless the source of the damage is the actual Nemesis, the damage is not increased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! Thank you. I read that section and I remembered the toxic damage example but just forgot the rest of the paragraph. I'm glad to see it all makes sense.

Now you have me wondering about Sources though. If a hero attacks a villain and the villain redirects it, is the hero still the Source? By the same token, if the villain attacks a hero and Legacy redirects it to himself, the villain is still the source?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Badell
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Keep on saving the Multiverse!
mbmbmbmbmb
When damage is redirected, the source of that damage does not change. However, if the damage is not being dealt to someone who is a Nemesis, then it is not increased.

Example: Legacy deals 2 damage to Baron Blade, which is increased to 3 because of the Nemesis rule. Baron Blade redirects the damage (somehow) to Tachyon, who only takes 2 damage, because she is not the Nemesis of Legacy.

Does that help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Jolly
United Kingdom
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aldred wrote:

2) Your interpretation is correct. Per the rules: "if any deck ever runs out of cards, simply shuffle that deck’s Trash and continue playing as normal."

Aldred,

thank you for that; it makes a lot of sense to me. Could you please tell me which page in the rules your quote is from?

Cheers,

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Arenson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matt.jolly wrote:
aldred wrote:

Aldred,

thank you for that; it makes a lot of sense to me. Could you please tell me which page in the rules your quote is from?

Cheers,

Matt

Holy "old threads", Batman!

But, let's see if I can find the rule that 'Aldred' quoted ...

First, here's the online link to a PDF of the rulebook: http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/system/files/downloads/S...

I have just looked through it quite thoroughly and can not find the quoted rule.

I have a copy of the original rulebook from the core (not enhanced edition) and in there the rule is
on page 6 under the Gameplay section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So.....the old version of the rulebook says that you reshuffle the trash pile when any deck runs out? But the 'revised edition' rules omit that (which is the version I have)? Is that correct?

So I should reshuffle any decks when necessary. Is there an UPDATED revised rulebook? Or an official FAQ?

We didn't reshuffle in our first play, since it doesn't say to do so anywhere I could find in my rulebook. Still was pretty much impossible for a 2p game. I get the sense this one doesn't scale very well to low player counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know of it is addressed in a FAQ, but reshuffling when needed is the intent.

How many heroes did you use in your 2p game? The rules do make clear that even with 2 players you need a minimum of 3 heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
I don't know of it is addressed in a FAQ, but reshuffling when needed is the intent.

How many heroes did you use in your 2p game? The rules do make clear that even with 2 players you need a minimum of 3 heroes.

Again, where is that in the rules?

I certainly may have missed it, but I reread the rulebook after our game because of how lopsided it was with 2p (2 heroes total).

I think we'll try each playing 2 heroes next time, but I was disappointed with the clarity of the rulebook (or lack of it) on a few of those points. Frankly, I couldn't find anything talking about scaling or player counts other than the bottom of the box which states 2-5p.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Admittedly, it is not in in an obvious place for such a rule.

It's under the Advanced Play heading on page 11 of the Enhanced Edition rulebook:

"Additionally, two experienced players can play Sentinels of the Multiverse if one or both of them play as two heroes each."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.