Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see why somebody who hasn't played both might compare them, but they don't really play the same. There is the broad thematic similarity, four contending kingdoms in a fantasy setting, and the components are very nice in both cases, but that's about as far as it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played both--CoN three times and AoC once. I actually think in some ways you probably can compare them, both being "dudes on a map," but while I think CoN is a bit too mechanically simple, maybe, AoC was, for me, mechanically overcomplicated for the thin gruel of the theme, and I sold off my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Harding
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have them both and played them both many times.
Conan is a bit like War of the Ring, 2 3 or 4 players, can be complicated takes a few times and studying the rules to get it.
CoN was designed very simple (this reason I Love It) More of a Risk kinda feel with many more options. The race cards are individual to each race and the treasure cards really define your race with powers that change from game to game.
Love them both
Wayne

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.