Subject: Looking for suggestions for good card sleeves. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Tackett
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
A lot of people praise the Mayday sleeves and say they're great stuff. Here's a pretty good "review" of the premium sleeves that are supposed to fit the LOTR cards.
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/691368/mayday-card-sleeves-g...

With that being said, I bought some from a local store last weekend (16 packs) for sleeving several games (LOTR:LCG being one of them) and there was a huge variation in size between the sleeves from different packs. I tried sleeves from all of the 8 packs I had remaining and none of them sufficiently covered the LOTR cards. They would cover the entire card, but have no extra slack up at the top, not even 1mm. This to me is not acceptable from what I'm used to with the FFG sleeves. I took the excess sleeves back to my FLGS and got a refund. I'll stick with the FFG sleeves for everything in the future, and just know that I need to stock up when they do come back in stock.

I'm sure someone else will chime in and say that Mayday sleeves work great for LOTR, but that wasn't the case for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Tackett
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
I haven't used any of the FFG grey sleeves yet. I've only sleeved my small cards for Talisman, Arkham and the like so far. I'll be getting in 10 packs of the grey sleeves tomorrow that I happened to run across last week, so I'll give back a report on those if anyone's interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i had no idea sleeving was so varied

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.