Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Mali Powstańcy: Warszawa 1944» Forums » General

Subject: American buys from Poland rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R. L. Loughlin
United States
Nevada City
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received "Mali Powstańcy: Warszawa 1944" and the expansion "Liberator" after purchasing it through the Polish on-line store Merlin.pl. I don't speak Polish, but with the aid of their English "how to buy" page (http://merlin.pl/info/help/howtobuyen.html) and a fair amount of aid from Google Translate, was confident enough to make the order and pay for it through PayPal.

I received immediate confirmation by email (in Polish - more Google Translate needed). It took 7 weeks to arrive, which was 1 more than the 4 to 6 weeks estimated by the store. Although the box it was shipped in was dented at the corners, the game boxes were in perfect condition. I'm very happy with the service provided by Merlin.pl, although it would have been easier and less worrisome if they had better access for English speaking customers.

I would encourage anyone here in the U.S. with an interest in this game to go ahead and make use of Merlin.pl!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I second that. I have ordered from Merlin a number of times and have had no issue with any of them. In fact I have received some orders in as little as 10 days (depends on in stock availability, etc). As of late though, Homeland Security regulations are adding weeks to all inbound European shipments.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johny uffels
Netherlands
zwolle
flag msg tools
what did you pay for the games(without and with shipping cost's)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Merlin.pl has Mali Powstancy for just under 100 zl - about $30-35 US depending on the exchange rate. The Liberator expansion (I think) ran about half that.

I don't think I've ever ordered a single game but I think shipping breaks out to about $8 US for Mali, $4 for Liberator. Again, give or take a bit.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mitchell
United States
Elk Grove
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got locked up with the phone number. It would not accept

01916 + number
1916 + number

any advise?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered the expansion from them and I have to say, for ordering an imported game from across the ocean from a country whose language I don't speak, the process was entirely smooth. My game arrived in perfect condition, well-packaged and in, considering the circumstances, a speedy fashion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dlminsac wrote:
I got locked up with the phone number. It would not accept

01916 + number
1916 + number

any advise?


I believe I put 011 in front of my phone number (the international dialing code for the US)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my phone number in, created an account, but everytime I go to check out the place order button is grayed out and there seems to be an error about USA... anyone k ow if they have stopped shipping this to the US?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lou-Dawg wrote:
I got my phone number in, created an account, but everytime I go to check out the place order button is grayed out and there seems to be an error about USA... anyone know if they have stopped shipping this to the US?


I just logged into my account and started to place an order and everything goes through fine.

Looking at my account, the phone is just +1262 XXXXXXX

NAME
Street Address
ZIP City
State
Telephone +1262 XXXXXXX
USA
NIP: Wisconsin, United States
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who are having problems with the shipping:

You need to change your shipping option, it defaults to Courier
Dostawa: Kurier (płatność przelewem, kartą lub PayPal) Zmień 11 zł

Click on Zmień it will take you to a page to choose your country and shipping options

Choose USA from the drop down list and click on Zmień
Now you will have the shipping options for the USA.

Your choices will be:


przesyłka pocztowa ekonomiczna (20 zł + 10 zł za szt. lub 4 zł za płytę) postal Economy (20 zł + 10 zł per piece or 4 zł per CD)
przesyłka kurierska Pocztex (120 zł + 22 zł za szt. lub 6 zł za płytę)Pocztex Courier (120 zł + 22 zł per piece or 6 zł per CD)
przesyłka pocztowa priorytetowa (20 zł + 22 zł za szt. lub 8 zł za płytę)postal priority (20 zł + 22 zł per pack or 8 zł per CD)

Postal Priority gets it to the US in about 2 weeks (providing it doesn't get hung up in Customs)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this, I got my game (plus Liberator) today from merlin.pl. Can't wait to play it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
crazylegs wrote:
Thanks for this, I got my game (plus Liberator) today from merlin.pl. Can't wait to play it.


The English rules for Liberator are in the file section. It includes translations of the cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lonnie kim
United States
milpitas
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hi mali powstancy and liberator are both available right now on merlin.pl.

but i cant get an order through.

i always get this message after selecting shipping:
Towarów z tego koszyka nie dostarczymy w wybrany przez Ciebie sposób.
Goods from the cart does not deliver on your chosen way. (via google translate)

anyone else having this problem?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, got the same issue with my order. The problem is likely that the default delivery method is for domestic orders only. You have to chose a different delivery method (i.e. courier, I believe).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lonnie913 wrote:
hi mali powstancy and liberator are both available right now on merlin.pl.

but i cant get an order through.

i always get this message after selecting shipping:
Towarów z tego koszyka nie dostarczymy w wybrany przez Ciebie sposób.
Goods from the cart does not deliver on your chosen way. (via google translate)

anyone else having this problem?


Instructions are posted here
scoutmom wrote:
For those who are having problems with the shipping:

You need to change your shipping option, it defaults to Courier
Dostawa: Kurier (płatność przelewem, kartą lub PayPal) Zmień 11 zł

Click on Zmień it will take you to a page to choose your country and shipping options

Choose USA from the drop down list and click on Zmień
Now you will have the shipping options for the USA.

Your choices will be:


przesyłka pocztowa ekonomiczna (20 zł + 10 zł za szt. lub 4 zł za płytę) postal Economy (20 zł + 10 zł per piece or 4 zł per CD)
przesyłka kurierska Pocztex (120 zł + 22 zł za szt. lub 6 zł za płytę)Pocztex Courier (120 zł + 22 zł per piece or 6 zł per CD)
przesyłka pocztowa priorytetowa (20 zł + 22 zł za szt. lub 8 zł za płytę)postal priority (20 zł + 22 zł per pack or 8 zł per CD)

Postal Priority gets it to the US in about 2 weeks (providing it doesn't get hung up in Customs)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lonnie kim
United States
milpitas
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry i wasnt clear.

i have chosen the USA as my shipping destination.

and i have the 3 options of: economy, courier, and priority.

i have tried both economy and priority, and i have tried to order multiple games, and just one game.

nonetheless, i keep getting the same message.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lonnie913 wrote:
sorry i wasnt clear.

i have chosen the USA as my shipping destination.

and i have the 3 options of: economy, courier, and priority.

i have tried both economy and priority, and i have tried to order multiple games, and just one game.

nonetheless, i keep getting the same message.


I had a problem one of the times I tried to order - and I used Google Translate to craft a short message to Merlin that was at least clear enough for them to understand my question. They responded within 48 hours and I was able to solve the problem. You might try that option - and ask in your email if there is someone who speaks English who could respond.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lonnie kim
United States
milpitas
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
i got a response:

Thank you for sending correspondence to our store.
Please be advised of the page http://merlin.pl/info/help/delivery.html # dostawaPozaEU znajdue the information and goods from the department of electronics, toys and cosmetics do not send with delivery outside the European Union. That is why you chose the products that fail to place orders.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

it appears that they now categorize this as a toy and it does not ship internationally to the USA.

.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lonnie913 wrote:
i got a response:

Thank you for sending correspondence to our store.
Please be advised of the page http://merlin.pl/info/help/delivery.html # dostawaPozaEU znajdue the information and goods from the department of electronics, toys and cosmetics do not send with delivery outside the European Union. That is why you chose the products that fail to place orders.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

it appears that they now categorize this as a toy and it does not ship internationally to the USA.

.


Oh, that's a shame! It was always classified as a toy/game, but they used to let it ship. Bummer!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is available from rebel.pl BUT you can't use the English version of the site or it won't let you order the game. You must muddle your way through a page at a time with Google Translate.

Easiest way? Create your account FIRST, then order the games.

COST: Mali Powstancy 109 zl $34.74 USD
Liberator 49.90 zl $15.90 USD

Shipping(up to 5kg) 190 zl $60.55 USD

You can get AT least 2 copies of each and still be under on the shipping costs.

2xMali + 2xLiberator + Shipping = 507.8zl = $162.50 USD

questions about ordering? You can email them at
sklep@rebel.pl
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.