Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

My prototypes came in today...look very good...looking forward to having these on hand...Now that I know the quality of the cards, hope to offer them up soon!

Question for the community though...would these be best as sets? Ie. Base set, DotF set, Normandy set etc... or just a complete set of cards?

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Complete set, not enough vehicles to justify "sets".
Are there rule changes in these or are they just cards instead of using the summary sheets?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should've pointed out that I plan to include some custom vehicle cards for figures that can be had but didn't come with the game so sets might have more cards than you think...but I tend to agree with a complete set...does push the price up though.

I also wonder if there would be an advantage to including 2 of everything so that you can see your opponents stats at a glance.

As for additional rules, I have included some optional rules of mine on the back of most of the cards (the Panther is tough enough so it didn't get any). Again, there will also be some new units in the decks as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
GreenBear wrote:
I should've pointed out that I plan to include some custom vehicle cards for figures that can be had but didn't come with the game so sets might have more cards than you think...but I tend to agree with a complete set...does push the price up though.

I also wonder if there would be an advantage to including 2 of everything so that you can see your opponents stats at a glance.

As for additional rules, I have included some optional rules of mine on the back of most of the cards (the Panther is tough enough so it didn't get any). Again, there will also be some new units in the decks as well.

But essentially I'll still be able to play the game 'as is' with these (just ignore the back)?
Any chance of you doing the infantry as well? I love the idea of using cards instead of the sheets and really like your design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as far as 'official' stats are concerned, these cards conform with the stats of the game. The optional stuff on the back is for fun and variety.

As for the units that don't yet exist officially...the stats will make sense in the realm of the game, nothing whacky. Those cards might even be a set to themselves as I realize some folks may not want to track down the pieces (I can appreciate that...I just happen to have/use my own so I thought, why not?).

Funny, Aussie_Digger from the TOI forums just asked about infantry as well...hadn't thought about them...might have to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if the backs of the cards could be put to better use. Right now I have, as mentioned, some optional rules on some cards and short historic info on the vehicle.

I wonder if some game info would be better (ie. -2 to Move and Shoot or how many hits does what damage). Almost like a mini-player aid.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.