United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
I'm running a couple of different Fantasy Football games on Yahoo. These aren't real Fantasy football, but are quicker games that take less time and obsessive commitment.

Here's my BGG blog posting a couple of weeks ago:

Quote:
Some people really like playing Fantasy Football where they draft players, set line-ups, and then manage teams all season. That takes a lot of time and effort, both of which I am not willing to put into something like that.

A few years ago, I discovered Survival Football and Football Pick 'em. I start up a group every for each every year. The great thing about Survival Football is anyone can play and it only takes a few seconds each week to make your picks.

In Survival Football, you pick a team each week. If that team wins, you survive and play the next week. If they lose, you are out. The trick is you can never pick the same team twice, so once you pick New England to win you can't pick them again in this game. One of the down sides of this format is there are often big upsets the first week or two of the season which wipes out many of the players. To mitigate that, the game can be set to allow each player two wrong picks before they are eliminated.

The game I set up has the two-strike option.

The other game is Pro Football Pick 'em. In that game, you pick the winners each week and score a point for each successful pick. One option that can be set up is to have the players order the games from 1 to 16 (or less during bye weeks). The game at the bottom is the one you are least confident in and the one at the top is the pick you are most confident in. If you pick the 16th game correct, you score 16 points. If you pick the 10th game correctly, you score 10 points.

Pick 'em takes more time to play than Survival Football. I usually finish my picks in about 10 minutes. The times I've played with confidence points it adds a few extra minutes each week to rank the games.

This year I set up the Pick 'em game with confidence points.

If you are interested in playing either game, send me a private message and I will send you the group information so you can join.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei is running an eliminator challenge for GG on BGG: 2011 NFL Suicide League

Not that people couldn't do both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.