Jeremy
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The postman brought by a surprise today:

Eaten By Zombies game, promo cards, and sleeves... wow!
I'll post more later, but I just wanted to share my joy. zombie

Time to start sleeving...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will tell you what I told the last bragger. I expect a full game review by tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fryd Pickles wrote:
I will tell you what I told the last bragger. I expect a full game review by tonight.

Not bragging, just happy to finally get it in.

By the way, did you get your other review?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone who was getting a pre-order NOT get one today?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Another Marylander here. Big surprize today in the mail for me as well.

Limited Edition Number 36!

Looks like the first viral outbreaks are on both the East and West coasts!

First impressions:

The game itself was well packed in a padded envelope, inside a cardboard box. The outside box looks like it took a few hits in shipping, but the game was inside was in perfect condition. I hate getting a game through the mail and it arrives all banged up, so I appreciated the extra effort they took in packing it.

3 packs of sleaves included, in addition to the promo cards, as a suprize bonus for pre-ordering. Completely unexpected. Nice touch. Very classy.

The art and cards are very well done. Sturdy cards with a linen finish. The typeface on the cards is a little small for us "old geezers", but other than that, great art, design, and graphics.

The divider cards are great for organizing the box, and they have additional details regarding how to use the specific cards in play. Great idea.

The rulebook is a rulebook, nicely printed, fairly clear, but could have used a few more illustrations detailing the cards and the game set-up.

The box itself is a work of art. Very sturdy and looks like an ammo box. Plenty of room for the sleaved cards, plus future expansions. Soft foam inserts take up the currently empty space in the box, so the cards don't shift around during transport. Another nice touch.

Not a complaint, but a concern I had was that the packaging may not stand out on the store shelves. The graphics are muted and the box itself is a dark green, so it might be easy to miss.

While I love the way the box looks, from a marketing standpoint, it might be a slight hinderance to sales. A simple solution would be to add colorful printing on the shrinkwrap itself, perhaps some images from the cards, and a bold "Eaten by Zombies" logo, helping it stand out and attract more attention on the store shelf.

So that's my first impressions of the physical game components. I was very impressed with the production values. Everything is top notch.

Looking forward to playing it this weekend.

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
j3rm wrote:
Fryd Pickles wrote:

Not bragging, just happy to finally get it in.

By the way, did you get your other review?

Pft...NO!!!
yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
Did anyone who was getting a pre-order NOT get one today?

Me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryon,

They were shipped mostly on Tuesday but some on Wednesday as we ran out of time on Tuesday before the post office closed. Also they went out Priority Mail for 2-3 day delivery so even if yours was shipped on Tuesday it may not get there until Friday. I'd expect it Saturday/Monday at the latest and anyone who preordered at Origins/GenCon or on our site and who lives in the USA but does NOT get it by Monday please geekmail me directly and we can follow up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I wasn't worried.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooo! Got mine! Thanks Mayday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.