Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not understand why in the scenarios, there are grey hexes, as well as black lines superseded on the map. I cannot figure out what to put where.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
On the board itself, the colored lines are for four player scenarios. The dashed lines are for three player games.

The two player games don't use the whole board, so the hexes you use are shown by the black borders. Just overlay the scenario setup onto the map and you should be fine. The grey shading on the setups shows the three player spots so you can locate yourself on the map for your setup hexes.

Make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you mean "superimposed" and not "superceded"?

If you compare the set-up maps to the actual board, you'll discover that the area within the dotted lines on the mapboard is shaded grey on the set-up map. Meanwhile, coloured lines on the mapboard are represented with dotted lines on the set-up map.

Confusion!

Sigh.

Anyway, the solid black lines on the set-up maps show the areas you need to actually set-up the game, whilst you can use the shaded/dotted lines on the set-up as a guide to where to set-up on the board.

So, for the first 2-player scenario (small 2-player map), Player 1 sets up their Home System Markers in the area bounded by J1-J9-H9-H1 and Player 2 sets up their Home System Markers in the area bounded by E1-E9-C9-C1.

The shading/dotted lines actually correspond to the set-up positions of the standard 3 and 4 player games.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I did mean superimposed, thanks and thanks for the explanations that makes much more sense now .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the title of this thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.