Dust Tactics» Forums » Variants

Subject: Dust Tactics Pocket Edition - My Wish rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus Elric
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Anyone think Fantasy Flight would ever scale Dust: Tactics down to an almost pocket size. I was thinking make the board around 5x5" and scale the normal terrains down to fit 16mm D6 dice with a piece retention system similar to what Scrabble uses. The 16mm D6 dice could easily represent units and their various upgrades with some custom artwork on them. Dice could also represent the various traps with each side being something different Incorporate the unit cards somehow (which I think could be done quite easily) and...

Viola!! POCKET DUST: TACTICS

This would be a nice little game to have on the road or at a restaurant waiting for that server to get my stuff to me. This would also draw new players in with (I would imagine) a less expensive investment in the game while still retaining the original tactics feel and experience. More seasoned vets could practice in their spare time without having to lug around a gigantic game set to play.

Just my food for thought. God bless, everyone.

P.S. I don't think many would paint this version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to say that a little filler game based on such a cool subject wouldn't be well received, but the thought that occurs to me with this approach is that it kind of minimizes the strongest selling point of the game - the minis. I mean, the game is not like the most amazing tactical combat game every created - what draws people in are the mind-blowing minis, from Medium Walkers to Zombie squads. Remove the toy factor and the eye candy, and I think you remove the heart of Dust Tactics. Again, though, just one guy's opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Elric
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Sound reasoning bud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam D
msg tools
Why not use the dust board game and warhammers epic game models to do it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.