Subject: Storage? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
Anybody found a storage solution they like more than the original box, and which might be more widely available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is true that the box is not that much to keep all well organize.

I plan to sleeve my cards but i am afraid that the two decks will be too high. Perhaps a good solution is to put each deck into a deck box.

I plan to sort and put the blocs in small baggies in order not only to easy the setup but also to easy the storage.

We will see....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy..."
badge
"For the listener, who listens in the snow, and, nothing himself, beholds nothing that is not there and the nothing that is." -- Wallace Stevens
mbmbmbmbmb
The box is too small. If you do any of the organization you suggest, I really doubt you'll be able to fit everything back in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tckoppang wrote:
The box is too small. If you do any of the organization you suggest, I really doubt you'll be able to fit everything back in the box.

Any suggestion ?

For the cards, i meant Ultra Pro Deck Boxes (standalone and appart from the box indeed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"For the listener, who listens in the snow, and, nothing himself, beholds nothing that is not there and the nothing that is." -- Wallace Stevens
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose it depends on how organized you'd like to be. I will say this. If you arrange all of the blocks and cards neatly in rows, the box will hold everything. You just won't be able to bag or separate anything. If you want to separate everything out for ease of setup, then I suppose you'll have to go with an external solution. Personally, I'd take a look at Plano (fishing tackle) boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tckoppang wrote:
If you arrange all of the blocks and cards neatly in rows, the box will hold everything.

Sure but it is a mess and it takes lot of time.

tckoppang wrote:

Personally, I'd take a look at Plano (fishing tackle) boxes.

Well, very thin one indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
Kirk "The Man" Douglas (Vikings)
mbmbmbmbmb
fdubois wrote:

tckoppang wrote:

Personally, I'd take a look at Plano (fishing tackle) boxes.

Well, very thin one indeed.

Not really meant to go in the box. A lot of guys do this for Command & Colors, and other block games. They use the Plano (fishing tackle) boxes to store and separate the blocks. They still stack nice on the shelf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, i will try this solution :
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/140104/organize-your-armies-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fdubois wrote:

Good luck! Please post pics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find this storage solution : 5 baggies.

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1096649/sekigahara-unificatio...

I plan to sleeve the cards and store them into UltraPro Deck Box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard Mueller
Germany
Gauting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fdubois wrote:
It is true that the box is not that much to keep all well organize.

I plan to sleeve my cards but i am afraid that the two decks will be too high. Perhaps a good solution is to put each deck into a deck box.

I sleeved my cards and everything fits perfectly into the original box (including the bags and the map in it's original plastic bag). I really wonder why people keep stating that the components would not fit into the box. Just do not throw the blocks into the box losely but arrange them into one layer. They deserve it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
etagimbo wrote:

I sleeved my cards and everything fits perfectly into the original box (including the bags and the map in it's original plastic bag). I really wonder why people keep stating that the components would not fit into the box. Just do not throw the blocks into the box losely but arrange them into one layer. They deserve it.

I am not the only one how complaint about the box (but i love the covert art, unlike Adam) :
Adam Parker wrote:

Sekigahara, with its mounted map, cards and blocks, barely fits into its box out of its shrink wrapping! One of my game’s edges was propped up higher, rightly as I guessed, by the big bag of blocks inside. Yet, once set up for play, getting everything back into the box is near impossible; unless, you bag up the cards into four lots and squash the labelled blocks down - which I don’t feel is all too advisable.

So a bigger box would have worked better here: to at least get the blocks back safely inside. Most of my other card driven games have their cards in plastic deck boxes stored externally; a fact of the "games-with-cards" life, I suppose.

(extract from his excellent review here : http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/690992/big-blocks-of-mon-a-f...)

You don't have to be so disdainful : you are not obliged to post if it is not to give us a solution.

You have sleeved your cards ? WOW ! AMAZING ! I didn't think about it before you posted.

Do you took the time to see my solution ? No of course.....
Here it is : http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1096649/sekigahara-unificatio...

Pathetic !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard Mueller
Germany
Gauting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Where did I say that you are the only one who complained about the box?
2. I just tried to be helpful and assure you that the cards will fit into the box sleeved. You said, that you are afraid they may not fit. Maybe you should look at the portion I quoted in my post.
3. You did not mention that you already sleeved your cards, but wrote: "I plan to sleeve the cards...". I just wanted to tell you: go ahead, sleeve them, they will still fit in the box.
4. Got a bit of a anger control problem?

fdubois wrote:
etagimbo wrote:

I am not the only one how complaint about the box (but i love the covert art, unlike Adam) :
Adam Parker wrote:

Sekigahara, with its mounted map, cards and blocks, barely fits into its box out of its shrink wrapping! One of my game’s edges was propped up higher, rightly as I guessed, by the big bag of blocks inside. Yet, once set up for play, getting everything back into the box is near impossible; unless, you bag up the cards into four lots and squash the labelled blocks down - which I don’t feel is all too advisable.

So a bigger box would have worked better here: to at least get the blocks back safely inside. Most of my other card driven games have their cards in plastic deck boxes stored externally; a fact of the "games-with-cards" life, I suppose.

(extract from his excellent review here : http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/690992/big-blocks-of-mon-a-f...)

You don't have to be so disdainful : you are not obliged to post if it is not to give us a solution.

You have sleeved your cards ? WOW ! AMAZING ! I didn't think about it before you posted.

Do you took the time to see my solution ? No of course.....:what:
Here it is : http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1096649/sekigahara-unificatio...

Pathetic !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
etagimbo wrote:
I really wonder why people keep stating that the components would not fit into the box.

This sentence tell us that you don't understand why one could run into problem in order to store all of the blocks into the box.

And yes i agree that the blocks deserves a better solution to be stored : this is the reason why this thread was created and is dedicated to.

I can assure you that it is a very hard (nearly impossible) to store all of the blocks into the large provided bag after a game. Personally, i gave up.

And i haven't got anger control problem. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
mbmb
fdubois wrote:

And i haven't got anger control problem. Thanks.

I agree with you that they don't fit well, and I also thought your earlier response was surprisingly hostile. May be a language barrier, cultural difference, or just standard tone-on-the-Internet problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
I agree with you that they don't fit well, and I also thought your earlier response was surprisingly hostile. May be a language barrier, cultural difference, or just standard tone-on-the-Internet problem.

Well, i don't want to argue and justify myself but i think i'm pretty cool and non agressive. Take a look at my contribution about this subject (and others) and you will see that i always reply with courtesy. Again, i found this sentence very offensive :
etagimbo wrote:

I really wonder why people keep stating that the components would not fit into the box.

It's denying the truth and obvious. Or it is maybe a "standard tone-on-the-Internet problem" like you said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
fdubois wrote:
Take a look at my contribution about this subject (and others) and you will see that i always reply with courtesy.

You called the man "pathetic" and used all caps in a sarcastic reply to what he'd said. So, no, I didn't see that. I'm glad it's a goal to which you aspire, though, and I don't mean to make you feel attacked on the issue. I'm just trying to show that our perceptions vary widely--Herr Mueller seems not to have been thinking about others' desire to box the blocks in their bags, while to you and me that seems like an obviously desirable time-saving measure. To me, that seems like the crux of why he thought of the issue as so clear-cut while you and I seek something better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard Mueller
Germany
Gauting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
fdubois wrote:
Take a look at my contribution about this subject (and others) and you will see that i always reply with courtesy.

You called the man "pathetic" and used all caps in a sarcastic reply to what he'd said. So, no, I didn't see that. I'm glad it's a goal to which you aspire, though, and I don't mean to make you feel attacked on the issue. I'm just trying to show that our perceptions vary widely--Herr Mueller seems not to have been thinking about others' desire to box the blocks in their bags, while to you and me that seems like an obviously desirable time-saving measure. To me, that seems like the crux of why he thought of the issue as so clear-cut while you and I seek something better.

There is no point in discussing this matter further. I admit that I read the thread only incompletely before answering. I was a bit astonished about the (over)reaction on my post, though. But to the defense of Fabrice: I think he did not call myself pathetic, but my post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
I just stickered my copy up this morning and got it all back in the box with the lid closed. I had some baggies that hold 24 blocks nicely flat, so four of these did the trick. Had to cut the decks in half and line the hairband up along the seam between baggies, but no trouble there. Box lid went on nicely. Of course if would have been nice if the box was an inch deeper ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
etagimbo wrote:

There is no point in discussing this matter further. I admit that I read the thread only incompletely before answering. I was a bit astonished about the (over)reaction on my post, though. But to the defense of Fabrice: I think he did not call myself pathetic, but my post.

I agree and it was your post that i called "pathetic". Sorry if i have been too virulent.modest

And yes the sleeved cards stand into the box.

Here is my final storage solution :

5 baggies :
- one for Ishida's starting blocks
- one for Tokugawa's starting blocks
- three for Ishida and Tokugawa remaining blocks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I didn't think it could be done, but you have proven me wrong. I stand corrected even if I still do wish there was a bit more breathing room in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.