Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
So I am trying to prepare for a game tomorrow and this is the first time I am setting it up with my copy (I have moved away from the friend I usually play with who's copy I used to use). We will be playing core+Shattered Empires. I was looking through the political deck for which cards to remove and I am curious if there is a list of which ones to remove if using the expansion strategies. In particular, I am looking at Regressive Rhetoric, which specifically talks about the tech strategy, but it doesn't seem to be effected by Tech 2 vs Tech 1. Should I just keep in any of the political cards that target a strategy that has a 1/2 version? Any help would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz K
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
I don't recall removing any PCs after adding SE and SE strategy cards to the base game.
At least the rulebook does not instruct you to do so.

AFAIK strategy cards which have the same name but different number (eg. Tech I vs Tech II) function the same in regards to PCs, ACs and other game elements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is only 1 political card that needs replaced: Open the Trade Routes, as listed on page 4 of the Shattered Empire rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's one that references the Logistics strategy; that one should probably go. Might be easier to just discard cards that don't fit as they're drawn, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't "Bomb Threat" refer to a strategy card replaced by Assembly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
The game went mostly well. We wound up having to discards some actions that I missed, and I caught most of the political cards in advance. I was worried to leave them in because I have learned from experience that new players can get so overwhelmed that they don't know they are playing with an invalid card.
And for all curious, the proud Yssaril tribes are the new galactic empire. First order of business is banishing those pesky Universities of Jol Nar. Burn the books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.