Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

I am going to do one last update to the FAQ (version 1.5) over the next week. There are another 20 questions or so. At that point, I am going to call it quits for now.

The document will be nearly 30 pages in length and I think at this point the clarifications are pretty comprehensive.

I will run the new questions by Jim Krohn for one last review and then try to submit to BGG in the coming week.

Just wanted to give a status.

Aloha,

Ted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driven by inspiration
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your efforts, it is largely appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"To be honorable and just is our only defense against men without honor or justice." -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
"Every man is as God made him, aye, and often worse." -Miguel de Cervantes
mbmbmbmbmb
While I appreciate the FAQ very much, it bothers me that it's so long. Judging by the answers, it feels like a good percentage of the questions are actually answered in the rules, scenario book, or player aid sheet.

I'd like to see a much shorter separate document, "Errata/Clarifications", on things that are not covered by the published material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the questions in the FAQ are covered in the rules, but people still asked questions. Some of that may be that I could have worded a rule better to make it less likely someone would have a question about it. Some of that may be the diverse backgrounds from which people are approaching the game.

Anyway, the real value of Ted's FAQ is not to read it through from beginning to end. He went to the trouble of organizing the questions by Rule #. *Every FAQ should be this way!* It makes it fairly easy to use as a secondary rule book/reference document.

A couple of people from the development team will be helping me with updating the rule book. We are going to try to add examples/change wording to make it better and the FAQ is going to be our number one guide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"To be honorable and just is our only defense against men without honor or justice." -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
"Every man is as God made him, aye, and often worse." -Miguel de Cervantes
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jim, yes it's easy to believe that all those questions have been asked.

I'm not advocating getting rid of the FAQ. I'm just looking for a second, shorter document in addition to the FAQ, culling out all but just the essentials.

Of course, a Living Rules document is even better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
When I go through the rules again, I will try to put that together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Trombik
Switzerland
Zuerich
flag msg tools
badge
Have I answered all your Questions and provided good Customer Service? THAT MAKES NO SENSE! That's the Paradox, my Friend!
mbmbmbmb
Alternative Download like it was available for v1.4 might be an Option as well?

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?233@992.Sb8CcyGlG52.36@.1dd...

Thx Jim Krohn and MajorOracle for the effort!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
From a selfish perspective, the purpose of the FAQ was so that I could have a clarification reference for my own play.

In addition, I am tired of game companies releasing games with 1 page fAQ's that aren't comprehensive (Yes, I'm calling you out, Fantasy Flight).

I did not distill it down because, frankly, it was too much work, and thus, was an unofficial document.

If anyone wants to further work on the document I will gladly email the Word document to them.

Anyway, its been a fun experience putting it together for such a fun game!

Aloha,

Ted

P.S. - Yes, I will post an alternative link as before, since BGG tends to take a long time in approving documents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dauphinais
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steffan -- My "fourteen things" list that is also posted here on BGG was intended to be a single sheet summary of the type you describe. It only contains the items that cannot be readily determined from the rules as published. While Ted's list is fantastic, its length can be intimidating. I will keep the "fourteen things" list going until Jim K issues official errata or living rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Honolulu
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh dear, I just realized I will be playing my first game against the author of the FAQ.surprise Lol, I count myself luck (and soon to be dead) Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael, don't worry, I just cut and paste the questions and answers into the document and organize it into sections, I don't answer the questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.