Subject: Is this a Horde?! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Nickles
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, building a unit from the Lizardmen army list consisting of Skinks and Kroxigor. Four Kroxigor requires 32 Skinks (8 for every Krox). If I deploy the unit ten Skinks wide, then the four Krox in the second rank with a Skink on either side that will be basically ten models wide four ranks deep then a fifth rank of eight models.

With that in mind, Hordes fight in three ranks...SOOOOOO.... does that mean the eight Skinks behind the Krox can fight? The Krox are monstrous infantry so they lend their full 3 attacks tot he combat anyway.

I'm thinking yes, since it is a horde and the skinks behind the krox are the third rank, but what do YOU think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Turner
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say in the spirit of 8th edition's rules that absolutely yes it's a horde and the assist attacks all come in.

The faq says nothing about it otherwise, but mentions some other questions around the skink/krox mix units: http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m12...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Nickles
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
it is a pretty sweet unit, not too expensive, and it generates 36 attacks, 12 of which are strength 6. Skinks aren't that strong but a delivered Krox bash is worth the casualties usually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.