I've done a straight Machine translation to English - please take a look and correct any errors you might see:
By Julio Trois
Copyright © 2011
On September 20, 1835, began the longest and bloodiest revolution in the history of Brazil. In the then province of São Pedro do Rio Grande do Sul, was proclaimed the República Rio-Grandense, during almost 10 years, troops loyal to the Empire epic battles fought against the troops of the new Republic!
Farrapos is a Board Game for 2 players that has as its theme the Farroupilha Revolution. During 11 Stages each army must win the largest number of cities, scoring the maximum points possible. To this end, each player will feature units of cavalry, infantry and artillery.
IMPORTANT:The Tiles of each army are identified by their coat:
Empire of Brazil
-24 tiles 16 tiles of infantry, Cavalry, artillery, 8 tiles 10 buttons, 2 buttons identification markers, 1 Board and given 1 6 sides.
IDENTIFICATION OF TILES
- Army coat of Identification;
- Type of military unit (a);
- Military Unit identification with injured;
- Move index of military unit;
- Index of Military Unit's attack;
- Index of Defense of the military unit;
- Initial Setup or city;
- Year to be inserted into the game.
- Each player places their tiles on the Board of military units in the cities specified in each tile:
· Empire of Brazil: 2:0 pm Porto Alegre, Rio Grande and 5:0 pm 9:0 pm Lages;
· Riograndense Republic: 4:0 pm Triumph, 4:0 pm Pellets and 4:0 pm Bagé.
- The phase marker button should be placed in the year 1835 on the Board;
- The button Turn marker should be placed in round 1;
- A button with the coat of arms of the Empire
Brazil should be placed in the score table in Point 7;
-A button with the coat of arms of the riograndense Republic must be placed in the score table in Point 5.
1st ROUND – PHASE 1
Note:The first to play is always representing the Republic;
- The player who represents the Republic can:
a) Attack (with battle) any city that has a direct connection with one of their cities and that is under the Empire's domain (e.g. Porto Alegre or Rio Grande). In this case must inform his opponent with a which will attack;
b) Invade (without battle) any city that has a direct connection with one of their cities and that is not under the rule of the Empire (e.g. Piratini or Rio Pardo). In this case should move to the city which invaded a want, leaving at least a 1 in the city of origin or identification button 1 of possession with his coat (If the city is left without a source or without Handle, sera considered vague and therefore will not have their points computed);
c) Move his forces toward a city that has no direct connection with one of his cities, according to the link line and the number of entries allowed per each (is allowed to move as many are a desired), leaving at least a 1 in the city of origin or identification button 1 of possession with his coat (If the city is left without a source or without Handle, will be considered vague and therefore will not have their points computed) as the previous image.
d) Take no action.-If there has been some incorporation of the city, your points are computed in the points table.
Example:The Republic conquered Porto Alegre, automatically scored 4 points (value identified with the name of the city), on the basis of 5 points for 9 points and in return, the Empire lost 4 points, having now 3 points.
Note:Battles will be explained later.
- The button markup Shifts advances to the round 2;
- The player who represents the Empire can perform the same actions performed by the Republic in the previous round.
Important:Serepetem procedures in 3 and 4 turns.
1st ROUND – ROUND 2 (1836)
- After the 4th round of Phase 1, the button Shifts markup returns to the first turn and the button markup Phases advances to the year of 1936;
- As described on the Board, in 1936 (2nd phase) the player who represents the Republic must include 4 a tray (identified with the year 1936) at any city of its possession;
- The player who represents the Republic repeats the procedures performed on previous shifts.
Important:The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th innings of the 2nd phase, are exactly the same as the previous.
Note:The procedures always repeat themselves, each Stage and each turn.
The procedure of battles is always the same:
1- Identify themselves as an engaged in battle;
2- Add the indexes of all attack an engaged;
3- Added indexes all defense points + engaged a extrasde defense.
Example:The conquest of Porto Alegre is worth 4 points, then these 4 points are worth
4 extra points of defence for the player that is defending.
Republic (Attack):2 + 3 + 5 + 5 = 15 Strength
Empire (Defense):3 + 3 = 6 + 4 extra points Force the city = force 10
4- Each player throws the dice and dice oresultado query, table of battles, the player who obtains the highest index, WINS.
-Republic:Strength 15 x Given 3 = 6 Index
-Empire:10 x 5 = Force Given 7 Index
Note:In this fight, the Defense won, the attacker must then choose one of their a and "flip" your face, changing to a "wounded".
5- The attacker can: Continue the attack (repeating the previous procedure) or shut it down, keeping their ONE where they were before the attack.
- Draws in the fighting– If there is a tie in the score of a match both sides lose;
- Extra Points –If a player win and keep all cities of the same color will be entitled to extra points (as described on the Board), but if you lose this domain, you should automatically reduce these points from your score, the same goes for the player to conquer and maintain all port cities;
- Each player has 4 buttons for identifying possession with his coat. These buttons serve to maintain possession of 1 city even there there is no one and can be placed in any city of his possession (not the index depends on the move), however, has no defense Index, if a city was attacked and only have this button, there will be no defence;
- The one can travel through the connecting lines;
- When a a "wounded" is again defeated, she is eliminated from the game.
There are 2 winning conditions:
- Add 24 Points before the 11th Stage (1845) or;
- It has the most points at the end of the 4th round of the 11th Stage (1845).
ADVANCED RULES (OPTIONAL)
- If a city stay "surrounded" by all sides (on all your links any enemy armies) by entire Phase 1 (4 Shifts) she loses right to the point (s) Extra (s) the city's defence at the time of the fighting;
- If a player has won at least 2 port cities, shall have the right to "carry" up to 2 a per turn between them.
- Last edited Fri Sep 2, 2011 2:27 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Fri Sep 2, 2011 2:26 pm
Porto Alegre - Brazil
I'm working quickly to provide the rules in English. Thanks for helping put the translation here!
I've just finished to upload the rules in english, it is now pending approval. The problem is the lenght of the process. I have now 3 files awaiting.
We must be patient.
The english rules are available !